8Bitdo NES30 Pro not working on macOS

Hello, I have searched this forum and Google but there are not answers to my specific issue. I have contacted 8bitdo tech support and they said they cannot help.

Having said that, I am trying to get my 8bitdo NES30 PRO controller to work with Retroarch, v1.6.4, on macOS sierra. The 8bitdo controller is connected and recognized by my Macbook but not set up, configured, or recognized (fully) by Retroarch.

I see the controller under “User 1 Device Index” and Retroarch says "8bitdo NES30 PRO (#0). But one wiki I read said this controller should be auto-configured in Retroarch but Retroarch does not do that. When I push left-right-up-down-A-B-Y, etc. nothing happens.

The NES30 PRO has two analog sticks, left and right, so I believe the “User 1 Device Type” of just Retropad is incorrect. Shouldn’t it be “Retropad w/ Analog”?

In any case, does anyone know how to easily auto-configure the 8bitdo

Thank you.

the “w/ analog” thing shouldn’t matter at this point.

There doesn’t not appear to be any autoconfig profile for any 8bitdo products on MacOS. There are some for other drivers, but those aren’t typically applicable across drivers. However, you could try going into settings > directory and checking where the autoconfig directory is located, then go to the ‘udev’ subdirectory and copy all of the 8bitdo files into the ‘hid’ subdirectory (this is the one used by MacOS). Close RetroArch and then reopen it and see if it says “blah blah Configured”

In Retroarch when I navigate to Settings > Directory > Input Autoconfig points to /Applications/RetroArch.app/Contents/Resources/autoconfig. I copied the following files from udev to hid:

8Bitdo_GamePad_FC30_P1_BT.cfg 8Bitdo_GamePad_SNES30_USB.cfg 8Bitdo_GamePad_FC30_P2_BT(START).cfg 8Bitdo_Joystick_Arcade_FC30_BT.cfg 8Bitdo_GamePad_FC30_P2_BT(START+R).cfg 8Bitdo_Joystick_Arcade_FC30_USB.cfg 8Bitdo_GamePad_FC30_USB.cfg 8Bitdo_N64_BT.cfg 8Bitdo_GamePad_NES30_BT(START).cfg 8Bitdo_N64_USB.cfg 8Bitdo_GamePad_NES30_BT(START+R).cfg 8Bitdo_Pro_FC30_BT.cfg 8Bitdo_GamePad_NES30_USB.cfg 8Bitdo_Pro_FC30_USB.cfg 8Bitdo_GamePad_SFC30_BT(START).cfg 8Bitdo_Pro_NES30_BT(POWER).cfg 8Bitdo_GamePad_SFC30_BT(START+R).cfg 8Bitdo_Pro_NES30_BT(POWER+R1).cfg 8Bitdo_GamePad_SFC30_USB.cfg 8Bitdo_Pro_NES30_USB.cfg 8Bitdo_GamePad_SNES30_BT(START).cfg 8Bitdo_Zero_BT.cfg 8Bitdo_GamePad_SNES30_BT(START+R).cfg

I then restarted Retroarch, but my 8Bitdo NES30 PRO is still not (auto)configured. Pressing up-down, left or right does nothing. It is shown in bluetooth on macOS and in Retroarch under “User 1 Device Index” as “8Bitdo NES30 Pro (#0)”.

Anyone have any other ideas or suggestions?

Bumping this, I have the same issue with the SF30 pro. These 8BitDo controllers do not appear to be supported in macOS.