AMD Remote Play

Windows PC users with AMD graphics cards have the ability to remotely play games via the AMD Link app for mobile devices iOS/Android.

The AMD link app features an on-screen (touch) controller. Has anyone tried this feature with Retroarch?

Below is a screenshot of AMD remote play streaming to my iPad. However I’m unable to get the the touch controls functioning with retroarch as of yet. Some (not all) steam games work.

Anyone had any success, or can offer any tips to get retroarch to accept the input?

Does RetroArch show any text about detecting a gamepad? I’m assuming you get no response at all?

I think people have reported a similar problem with Steam Link streaming but we don’t really have any idea what could be going wrong there, either.

Unfortunately Retroarch is not detecting a gamepad. Also, I’m unable to figure out exactly how AMD have implemented the controller. As far as I can see no devices are added via xinput or (legacy) directinput.

On gamestream and steam home streaming it’s detected just like a regular xinput device. If AMD does something custom there isn’t much we can do about it.

A log would be handy.

This is just a quick update/workaround for anyone who wants to stream to their mobile device and has an AMD graphics card. There’s an app called Remotr, which does the exact same thing, but it is graphics card independent. the On screen controls are customisable and even works over the internet (ie you don’t have to be on the same network as the device your streaming from). Remotr works on windows and has an app available for iOS and Android. Using it for about a week with great success, only the app does seem to crash occasionally.