Android Bluetooth PS4 controller issues

When I hook up my device, the driver is on Android controller and so is the device index. I changed the autoconfig directory to a place that I have full read/write access and also updated the gamepad autoconfig zip and had it extract to the new folder. Now the gamepad works, but I’m a stickler and when I go to the bindings (on any emulator) the button layout on the left shows up as an Android controller with the respected Xbox like buttons. The only devices I’m able to select are the Android classic and it’s duel shock cousin. Device driver is Android or null, same with device index.

I can make do but it’s kinda a pain to remember what X is on my controller because I assigned it b on the Master system etc…

You would think you would be able to just tap on the driver and load a different one or be able to load the PS4 Dual Shock .cfg file manually but I’m unable to…

RetroArch doesn’t “think” anything in this case. The menus are hardwired to say ABXY because that’s the layout of the RetroPad, and which is why it also says “down” or “left”, so that you know which is which in case you don’t remember, for example, which button corresponds to triangle. If it says “left”, press square because square is the left face button.

Anyway, this shouldn’t be important, this is the only screen you’ll ever see this on. Just set it up once and forget about it, you’ll never be asked to “press B” or anything similar.

I think your looking for, Quick Menu>Onscreen Overlay>Overlay Preset>gamepads>psx (or dual-shock) This will make the on screen controller ui show “Cross, Square, Triangle, Circle” rather than the default “A,B,X,Y”.