Cannot load games in Dolphin Core

When loading NGC games, RA crashes. I have to load Dolphin Core first, then change Device Type to None. Then I can load games. But it is useless, I still cannot control the games. After I change Device Type to GameCube Controller, RA crashes again. I use X-input controller in PC RetroArch, and I can successfully play NGC games without changing Device Type.

When loading WII games, I can successfully enter the game, but still I have no control. When I changed Device Type to Wiimote or Wiimote + Classic, RA crashes. In PC RetroArch, I can normally control the game after changing Device Type to Wiimote + Classic.

1 Like

From my little investigations the problem has to do with the fastmem and cpu core (jitarm64) options not playing nice with each other. On my Shield TV I can load up a wii game and it starts up for just a second before crashing, that second is enough time to get into the menu. If you go in and turn fastmem off then close content, exit ra then come back and load up any game it will start but be slow as hell. Likewise if you leave fastmem enabled but then switch the cpu core to the other 2 options.

1 Like

Is there any news on how to play NGC or WII games on a nVidia Shield TV 2017? I got a rooted one with two Nvidia Controllers and I would LOVE to play WII or NGC games as couch co-op with my girlfriend :slight_smile:

I already tried dolphin core, but it crashes each time I start a game :frowning: I even copy the “sys” folder like it’s told here: https://docs.libretro.com/library/dolphin/

But still crashes each time :frowning:

Thank u

Have a look here:

1 Like

Thank u very much for your answer :slight_smile: After setting this, I can start the Wii games flawless yeah.

BUT … I cannot control via my shield Controller :frowning: I tried different settings at the in-game menue, set the controller to Wii classic, Wii mote… But it crashes the game, or I can not control the game.

Is there any help for shield TV controller handling? :slight_smile: Thank u !!!

1 Like

I have copied the Sys folder from dolphin-master.zip to retroarch/system/dolphin-emu, and still got the above mentioned problems.