Can't get difrent shaders for difrent cores to work

I tested appendconfig, which seems broken (https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/issues/5457)

I do have this thing to test

1. Run the game/core you want, F1, & save new config

2. RA config folder should now have config file for that core

3. Change Launchbox Associated Platforms to point at new config with -c “config\xxx.cfg”

4. Go back into game/core, & config as needed.

5. Save current config

But what outa work is save core override, but it dose not. What I notice is that if no shader is selected for a core it will not use one (duh) but as soon as I select one it will change if I change shader for any other core.

I also could not find were in the retroarch.cfg file it says what shader I’m using. Currently I’m using crt-royale-xm29 and that one don’t look right on gameboy :wink: .

What can be done here.

The complicating factor is that your current shader configuration gets saved into the retroarch.glslp/slangp/cgp preset, and RetroArch always loads that preset if/when video_shader_enable == “true” in your retroarch.cfg.

Because of this, overrides don’t work properly for shaders, so you should instead use the shader menu’s own ‘save core/game/content directory preset’ options. These should work more as you’re expecting.

The currently loaded preset isn’t listed anywhere, as that is no longer valid information once it gets loaded into the aforementioned retroarch.glslp/slangp/cgp preset. However, in the retroarch.cfg, there is a video_shader = “/path/to/shader.glslp” line that I frequently use with appendconfig to apply specific shaders (though I have a weird setup that’s probably not applicable to most usecases).

1 Like

I figured it out as well once I saw the options for core save in the shader menu.

1 Like