Citra Canary via Retroarch via Steam: fps issue

Hello, I am attempting to turn Steam into my complete gaming front-end. I have gotten all my cores to run at a full 60fps while opened through Steam. However, the Citra core has been giving me a strange issue.

Retroarch opened by itself runs Citra at full 60fps with no lag what-so-ever. When I launch Retroarch through Steam though my Citra games jump around 45 and 30 frames with occasional drops down to a measly 5.

I’ve checked the settings for both Retroarch running independently and Retroarch opened via Steam and their settings are exactly the same. As I said, this only happens with the Citra core, no other cores have fps drops when Retroarch is launched via Steam.

I have read that some things can cause fps issues already as so I have: -turned off my Steam overlay -vsync off -windowed fullscreen mode off

I also thought that perhaps it was a conflict with Steam and the Citra core running together but even having both Steam and Citra core open at the same time does not impact the fps, it is exclusive to when I launch Retroarch from Steam.

Has anyone experienced this or have any idea’s as to troubleshooting it?

P.S.: This is all through Steam on my PC, I haven’t even attempted getting anything working on my Steam Link yet.

Edit: Some more information. I just ran two copies of the same games side by side. One launched straight in Retroarch and one launched in Retroarch via Steam. Here are the statics of the two:

–Version: Retroarch itself | via Steam –Frame Rate: 60.11fps | 6.78fps –Frame Time: 1284.39ms | 2188.53ms –Frame Deviation: 2359.012% | 1773.237% –Frame Count: 9205 | 22939 –Buffer Saturation: 82.92% | 24.61% –Standard Deviation: 15.52% | 13.40% –Underrun time: 1.53% | 60.54% –Blocking time: 80.26% | 0% –Sample count: 22546 | 24176

I imagine that it must be some kind of conflict between the citra core and Steam as the issue does not occur when Steam is used in conjunction with any other cores. The strangest thing though is that I can have two windows opened at the same time, one opened independently and one opened via Steam, running at the same time (with Steam running on the PC in the background). The independently opened window runs fine and yet the windowed opened via Steam experiences the lag. Other than the Steam overlay there isn’t anything I can imagine Steam is doing as a front-end that would detrimentally affect a non-steam game…