Constant Audio Stuttering across RA

I recently Snap installed RA 1.7.3 after an upgrade to Kernel 4.17 on Ubuntu 18.04. I downloaded a few SNES cores and ran a game that i had previously played on this same computer before the upgrade. When I run it, the FPS and input response times are perfect. The audio however has this constant stuttering to it which spans across all of RA on any core. I have tried known ways to fix this but nothing works. Normally i would just mute the audio and play. But I am also a game streamer and if this stuttering is pissing me off. I know its gonna piss the viewers. Can anyone please help in what i can do or what possible drivers i need to install to fix this!!!

A log might tell us more. If you temporarily roll back to your older kernel, does the problem persist? What if you rename your ~/snap/retroarch/current/.config/retroarch/retroarch.cfg to something else (that is, so it generates a new one from scratch)?

id rather not rollback my kernel as when upgrading broke most of my system and ive spent the better part of the past 2 days backing up and recovering my data. How do i get a log and share it?

As a side note: there now seems to be a mix of stuttering and static-y audio