D-Pad Problems Multiple 8Bitdo SFC30 Controllers on Windows 7

Hey guys,

Having trouble with multiple SFC30 8Bitdo controllers on Windows 7 using RetroArch.

Both controllers are running in Mode 1 which is Joystick bluetooth mode and would like to keep it if possible. They each appear in Windows just fine, however using RetroArch, the D-Pad device mapping from Controller #2 is the SAME as D-Pad device mapping from Controller #1. Buttons are separate between #1 and #2, but the D-Pad controls are mapped the same.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

David

Both controllers have latest firmware 2.70, while RetroArch is running a slightly older version 1.2.2 (would like to keep that if possible)

CORE: bSNES v0.94 (Balanced)

SETTINGS / DRIVER Input Driver: dinput Joypad Driver: dinput

SETTINGS / INPUT

Bind Mode: RetroPad

User 1 Device Type: SNES Joystick User 1 Analog to Digital: None User 1 Device Index: Bluetooth Wireless Device <-- This is controller #1

User 2 Device Type: SNES Joystick User 2 Analog to Digital: None User 2 Device Index: Bluetooth Wireless Device <-- This is controller #2

(I did a BIND ALL in settings for each controller and that worked just fine, yet during gameplay D-Pad is mapped identical between #1 and #2)

1 Like

For the record … I am in an “8bitdo-blackhole”!

After upgrading RetroArch to the latest 1.3.6 – still have the same problem. Both gamepad devices show OK Windows and also in RetroArch settings for P1 and P2, yet in game play the d-pads are linked together.

In an attempt to give-up, I have since re-added these controllers a million times, and can no longer even get them to connect as “keyboard” bluetooth devices at the OS level.

Anyone have any ideas?

Am I the only person using 8Bitdo on Windows attempting to connect 2 of them on the same PC at the same time?

Help…

I just purchased two nes30 pro controllers to be used via bluetooth as xinput devices on windows 7. Wish me luck :slight_smile:

Windows 7 does not support xinput via bluetooth. You will need to install some unofficial drivers in order to get them working in xinput mode.

thanks, yes I have actually. I haven’t noticed any side effect on other games. Is there anything I should be careful about this regarding retroarch?

many thx Luca