Does not have enough frames

I’ve recently updated to the stable version 1.5.0 so that I can see those sweet improvements on my 3DS. Only to then get errors on gpsp saying I don’t have enough frames, now I know this has to do with bios, but even if it’s placed in the right directory it still gives me this issue. Not to mention even cores like gamebatte give me the exact same issue and those don’t require BIOS.

I’m running homebrew due to being on 11.3 stock (RIP A9LH due to sending it in for repair and having it replaced with a new one) and am using the newest .hax payload which is 2.9 alpha.

If it’s a easy fix then pardon my stupidity, but if it isn’t I’d like to know how I can fix it.

My system is a N3DSXL as well.

The message is Retroarch [INFO] :: Does not have enough samples for monitor refresh rate estimation. Requires to run for at least 4096 frames.

That’s not actually your error, that’s just something it says when it doesn’t run long enough (at least 4096 frames, to be exact) to correctly measure your display’s refresh rate.

Something else must be going wrong somewhere.

Does the 3ds export a log to a text file or anything?

Hi Was there any resolution to this issue? I am on a N3DS with Luma3DS and every build of Retroarch I try (3DSX versions) quickly terminates after you try to launch a game. The bottom diagnostics shows that generic “4096 frames” error and “Press Start” (which exits back to Homebrew).

RA interface all seems to work OK, I have switched over to rgui but no change in the problem.

Does RA need ALL possible firmware in the cores/system folder in order to pass some initial check before game launch? Meaning, will a missing/bad GBA firmware cause other cores to also fail? BTW I also have all ROMs unzipped to avoid any archiving issues.

The weird part is, I swear Genesis GX launched via 3DSX a single time, then it has never worked again. But I could be misremembering.

Anyway, would looove to see RA running on a N3DS, I have been a RA fan for a very loooong time :]

Thanks!! :grin: