Genesis Plus GX needs Master System Boot Up screen as option

Hello there Retroarch. I am going to ask this question since I have to nit-pick about the master system. Ahem How do you make the Master System bios screen appear before the game begins?

Yes, I have the No-Intro Romset where I got the bios and yes I have placed the bios in the system folder with the respective name before I asked you guys but how exactly do I know if the bios is going to work? I mean, I don’t see the screen when it boots up and I feel that some people don’t like the bios screen popping up every time they go to play a Master System game. So if it’s possible could you make an option to enable or disable the bios screen?

That Is all I am asking and I hope that there would be a response.

Cheers — James Lee McKigney

I think setting config.bios=1 in https://github.com/ekeeke/Genesis-Plus- … libretro.c shoud do the trick I’ll try to add that as a core option when I have time

By George I think I got it. After a tinkering with the compile and booting up a game the Master System BIOS booted up and the game booted up shortly after. I’m giving you a link to the compiled code right here: https://mega.co.nz/#!uQJARKpI!Zwl59y0SzkOjwia0bO29F4Bgw_q2MN9zyCf8t_ksb0M

But you’ll need to Master System BIOSes (May I suggest No-Intro?) with the following names: bios_E.sms for europe, bios_J.sms for Japan, and bios_U.sms for America. I like to be safe and sure and I even asked AndresSM to check the code. I did what he said and Viola! Here’s your BIOS Compatible Sega Master System version of Genesis Plus GX.

Please resend the mega link to download to get the same bios option for the master system.

The latest version of the core supports the Master System BIOS. Just needs the BIOS files mentioned (bios_u.sms, ect.) in the system folder. I think it loads them by default, but check core options after loading a game to make sure the BIOS boot option is enabled if not.

Well I did not get the BIOS to enter, when I changed the core line the only change and a static image sega written in light blue or mark 3, plus the Bios master system actually downloaded U_sms and placed in the system folder no get no success (I use the latest version of Lakka). I would be very grateful if you could help me.

Well I did not get the BIOS to enter, when I changed the core line the only change and a static image sega written in light blue or mark 3, plus the Bios master system actually downloaded U_sms and placed in the system folder no get no success (I use the latest version of Lakka). I would be very grateful if you could help me.

Make sure it’s named exactly bios_u.sms. I’m not sure where lakka looks for system files by default. Should be able to look in directory settings to find that out.