GenesisPlusGX xinput edit separately for master system/gamegear

Windows 10 retroarch xinput with ps3 controller. genesisplusgx 6 button genesis controller default input works good and I want to keep it that way. But for master system/gamegear/sg-1000 the 2 main buttons are defaulted on X and circle on the ps3 controller, I want to shift those buttons to the left, so it would be square and X. But when I go to the input config in the settings and switch only the master system controller to how I like it as square and X, it changes the default genesis 6 button input mapping, which I don’t want it to do. How do I change only the master system/gamegear input mapping but keep the genesis 6 button default the same? I remember years ago I was able to do this in retroarch, but now I can’t figure out how to do it. Please and thanks for any help.

As long as your master system and/or gamegear ROMs are in separate directories from the Genesis/MD ROMs, you can use a ‘content directory’ remap from quick menu > controls.

1 Like

One way to do it is to save settings by directory.

Load a master system game -> Quick Menu -> Controls -> Manage Remap Files -> Save Content Directory Remap

Then do your changes and it will keep the configuration for files from that directory.

1 Like

Ok thanks for info. Yes they are in separate folders. But if I download an updated romset in the future with a different folder name (because the date will be different in folder name), I will have to re-map the different inputs for master system everytime? Is there no way to just re-map only the master system permanently and leave the genesis controller as default?

What I personally do is having a folder for the roms and a txt file, that goes with it, with the date. so that remaps and overrides by directory will still work. Capture

Ok. Thank you for help.

1 Like