Genplus gx wrong resolution changing region in game

Hello

If you change the region from auto / NTSC to pal while running a game, it selects the desktop resolution instead of the correct one, and the speed / sound goes funny. Whereas if you exit and restart, or launch the game in pal for that game it selects the right resolution 2560x224 @50.

There is an “on the fly” resolution / region switching bug

Thanks

This is use is with gens. I am not sure why it does. I believe it has the same sound and speed issues when this is done without CRT switch.

I’ve not really had a chance to look into it or talk to the guy behind gens. However, it is not a high priority as it does only take a core restart to work. This is not something the original console would have done either.

Have you tried the command to load a specific cfg file?

retroarch -L “C:\Path\To\core.dll” -c “C:\Path\To\Config.cfg” “C:\Path\To\Game.rom”

While there are issues with this part of there core, there is not much CRT Switch can do about it.

For myself all I have to due is load a rom in gens go to the options and change to pal/ntsc. Then close the content and reopen it! once its in pal or ntsc it will stays in pal/ntsc.

Thanks a lot that is brilliant. That is as good as having all core options available on the command line, as you can just point it to a .cfg with the options you want

Been doing a lot of testing and even if I press restart then it won’t change to the proper resolution.

If I start a game in NTSC it selects the right resolution 2560x224 60hz. If I start a game in pal region it selects the right resolution 2560x224 50hz. That works fine. But…

Say I start a game in pal then change while in game to NTSC u, it changes resolution to desktop resolution (and goes weird and slow) then I choose “restart” in quick menu and then it restarts but resolution stays in desktop resolution (interlaced)

The other problem related to this is that core options are not available until you’ve started a game. So if your settings are on pal and you want NTSC, you have to start the game anyway before you can access the core options menu… And then change to NTSC u/j and then it will switch to desktop interlaced resolution… And choosing restart doesn’t fix it. Maybe closing content and reopening would… Not straight forward

Related to this, if I change from auto to pal then exit, when I go back in it is in pal, I don’t want this, I want it to stay on auto, I just want pal for one game here and there. I have turned off auto save core settings on exit, and I’ve also saved a core override cfg with region auto in it and made the cfg file read only, yet it is still keeps the changes from the setting from the last game if I had manually changed it

@Alphanu is it possible to override just one config line using -c command line? (Core region) core region line is stored in “RetroArch-core-options.cfg”, I’ve tried using that and also tried a .cfg with just region line only, and it won’t work. Using a config override it seems to expect to find every line from the RetroArch.cfg - this doesn’t contain core region setting line… So doesn’t seem to work? Am I doing something wrong?