How to force RetroArch to load overrides through other frontends?

I want to use the frontend Quickplay and launch RetroArch from there.

I use this command to launch cores:

-L “cores\genesis_plus_gx_libretro.dll” “%ROM%”

However, this only launches games with the default retroarch.cfg in mind and completely ignores any overrides i made, even though in that cfg i have the overrides to load automatically.

Is there any other way i can load RetroArch and use it’s overrides at the same time?

Overrides used to work when launching from cli just fine. Please post a log

Now that i’m looking at it more it seems to be an issue with the overrides having spaces in the filename.

For instance, i made a directory override “Sega Game Gear”. Quickplay has issues loading that, But with Atari Lynx it loads everything fine because the core doesn’t run other systems so i only made a core override and that doesn’t have spaces.

Sounds like they’re not escaping their commands properly.

Haven’t had any problems like this launching from Steam shortcuts that use the same launch commands as the OP. A dir override to change the shader for Game Boy Color works fine, for example. I’m on a nightly from the 12th.

It’s just Quickplay and it’s stupid issue with spaces in filenames like it’s 1999. I love the frontend because it’s so fast but yeah.

Every scenario where there isn’t a filename with a space in it works fine. If there’s anything in the chain where a filename with a space gets involved, it crumbles.

So i had to make new .cfg files to load for each system, specially made for Quickplay. It’s a bit of extra work and it feels hacky having otherwise unneeded cfg files around but it works.