How to run at native hz?

I got a new monitor that runs at 240hz and i want to take advantage of it. However, when i run RetroArch, it changes to 60hz. That means a lot of blurring and ghosting. At 240hz it should clear up a lot but i can’t find how to do this. Anyone can help?

You can set the refresh rate in the settings (in the config it is: video_refresh_rate). However you may find at 240hz it will run at 4x the speed. It might be better to use 120hz then use black frame insertion to getting it running correctly.

I’m no expert but I believe you won’t ever really be able to take full advantage of 240hz for emulation. The games weren’t designed to be played at that high of a refresh rate, so making them do so will simply speed up the games.

Yeah, i figured it out myself. There is no way to take advantage of the highest refresh rate. 60hz content will always look blurry in motion in modern monitors/TVs no matter what. But on an old CRT monitor/TV it looks crystal clear. Guess modern display technology sucks.

I did try 120hz + black frame insertion. It does indeed clear up the blurriness but it messes up the colors completely, making everything much darker and less colorful. So it’s not an option.