Is it possible to modify the content of a menu driver?

I want to make a customized retro console for a Christmas gift, with Mega Drive games only on a Raspberry.

I developed a small frontend that lets you launch the games (retroarch -L core game).

Now I’d like to make a custom menu driver for the in-game menu, but it seems quite a hard task, so I was thinking of modifying an existing one (even the rgui would be fine), so the available options are just Resume, Load state, Save state State slot and Quit (coming back to the frontend).

Would that be possible by modifying a menu driver code and building it again? If so, which files should I look into? I took a look to rgui.c yesterday but couldn’t find where the Quick Menu entries are defined. If anyone could shed some light I’d really appreciate it :slight_smile:

The menu is not easy to modify at all. Your best bet is probably to use the existing kiosk mode option that is intended for exactly this sort of thing.

Thanks! I didn’t know that now existed (even googling its name I found almost nothing but people that got suck on it). Very useful :slight_smile: