Is there a way to use two independent controllers at the same time?

Here’s what i’m trying to do:

Friend has a small bartop arcade with a regular PC on the side powering it instead of a weaker Raspberry.

He has the regular bartop arcade stick and buttons but also a 360 controller.

He wants to be able to use both control methods for the same player. The 360 controller will be the default for most console games but he wants the option to put it aside and grab the arcade stick without going into menus, etc. Both devices have to be configured independently though, we can’t just config the keyboard and use Joy2key for both because the button placement in one of the two devices won’t be what we want. We need to be able to change the mappings in one without messing with the other.

The best thing i could do was to have two separate RetroArch folders, one configured for the arcade and the other for the pad and then using Rocketlauncher to select which games/systems to use with which. But we can’t use both at the same time for the same player.

Is there a way?

Yeah, you should be able to. The key and button assignments are separate in the config. For example, this is my config that uses only a keyboard and no gamepad:

input_player1_start = "enter"
input_player1_start_btn = "nul"

If that “nul” were changed to “13” or whatever, either one should work. Note: you might have to disable autoconfiguration and hard-map the controller.

1 Like

Thanks i will look into it