Long core load times

Hey,

After adding quite a lot of roms to my SD card RetroArch takes about 1-2 minutes to load. I get a black screen after the RetroNX splash. Also switching cores takes very long time. Have had it running for about one month without this issue with only snes and nes no-intro sets. It was after adding a bunch of mame, FBA, genesis roms that this started happening.

Cheers,

2 Likes

Tried reinstalling, didnt help, Tried deleting the info files (which I had also installed before all of this started happening) Tried deleting the preferences, nothing. Any other ideas? Am I the only one having this issue?

I haven’t heard anyone else report this, no. FBA and MAME are huge cores (100-300+ MB each), so they will naturally take longer to load into memory than something that’s 1-2 MB tops, but 1-2 minutes is way long. Do you have any faster SD cards, perhaps?

Hey hunterk,

Thanks for answering. Guess I’ll have to dig further on my own. Problem is that it’s not only those bigger cores that takes longer to load. It’s all of them. Even booting into no core from the home menu takes 1-2 minutes.

I’ll start by deleting all cores, then I’ll remove a bunch of roms, see if it helps.

Don’t think it’s due to card speeds as it used to work a week ago. Also, it’s one of the faster ones.

Cheers,