MAME 2003 Plus - Dip Switch changes not saved

I tried a couple of different roms with MAME 2003 Plus: i can change the Dip Switches but as soon as i exit the game and reload it, the Dip Switch settings revert to defaults.

That sounds like it could be a bug.

Could you please post details about what happens as an issue on github? https://github.com/libretro/mame2003-plus-libretro/issues

• What hardware and operating system you are using
  • What games you are trying to use
  • What dipswitch change you make that doesn’t stick

I am using latest Retropie with Mame2003Plus and all files updated 1/11. I run Wizard of War, change a few Dip Switches and when i exit and go back the Dip Switches are back to the defaults. The same is true for Wizard of War, Asteroids and all the other games i tried.

Attached is the folder layout. Only the lone Hi folder in the middle mame2003-plus folder is updated and hiscore saving works, the other folders are empty.

Capture

1 Like

It seems that setting “Activate MAME remapping” in the Options menu solves the problem.

1 Like

Thank you for following through on this, it will help other users in the future.

Eventually I would like this dipswitch save to work with the MAME remapping core option enabled or disabled, but there are some things I evidently do not understand yet about that part of the code :wink: