Manual build MAME 0.198 Core

Hi,

Am still pretty new to the retroarch scene and wish to find out if it’s possible to manually compile a mame 0.198 core for retroarch android/pc as my romset is of that version and not fully compatible with the other mame cores.

Thanks!!

If you have to ask then you are probably better off by downloading the correct romset or even adapting yours with clrmamepro or romcenter, to an older core for example mame2016 which will always be the 0.174 romset, if you want to use the mame core withouth year number, then you are required to maintain your romset updated.

If you still want to compile your own, then head to https://docs.libretro.com, there are good guides and you need to know how to work with GIT to revert the commits. Again i do not advice you to follow this route.

IMHO learn how to do rom auditing and maintain a proper romset for the core you want to use

Well understood. Am not new to retroarch or emulation in general, but rather haven’t touched the versions with the revamped user interface and what not.

While I am definitely aware of how to audit my romsets and update them according to the latest revisions, I am just exploring the option of building a core for Android just so I could have a little MAME gaming ecosystem (my Arcade cab is already running MAME 0.198 with the relevant romset) Will read up more on the docs and thanks for the info.