Mednafen Saturn not working

hey guys,

I am not able to get mednafen (Beetle Saturn) working in retroarch. I downloaded the actual mednafen emulator and was able to load a game. unfortunately I cannot configure bluetooth controllers in the actual mednafen emulator. My first thought was the bios, but I moved the bios over to the actual mednafen emulator and everything was working, except for the bluetooth controllers.

Please help

Get us a log of a failure-to-load and we’ll take a look.

could you please explain how to do that. I have followed the instructions from retroarch but there is no .txt file or RetroArch (log to file) located on my pc.

If you’re using the portable version (i.e., not the installer version), the easiest way IMO is to just open the RetroArch folder and shift+right-click in the empty space and choose ‘open command window here’ (it may say ‘powershell’ instead of ‘command window’; that’s fine, choose it). In the command line window that opens, type:

.\retroarch --menu --verbose --log-file .\log.txt

Then, do whatever you need to do (e.g., load the core, try to load a game) and then quit and it should leave you with a log.txt in that directory that contains your log data. Open it in a text editor and then paste the contents at pastebin.com and then post a link to it here.

https://pastebin.com/m6jWErh8

It appears you’re trying to load a saturn game with beetle-psx-hw core, which is a PS1 emulator. You need to load it with beetle-saturn instead.

WHAT!!! maybe I accidentally selected playstation when I loaded the core, but I assure you that I had everything setup in lanchbox and the core was pointed at beetle Saturn. Strangely enough though since I setup the log from your info you gave me. when I select the game now I see a dos prompt and a whole bunch of info scrolling in the box and now the game loads. What would cause that to happen.

Now any game I load I see the loading prompt. I have never seen this before.

if you changed the logging behavior settings before doing my steps, you may need to change them back.