Menu item to capture input and trigger code

Question to the developers out there. I am working on add to playlist functionality. I finished the ability to copy content from one playlist to another by copying most of what add to favorite does now. The piece I am stuck on is how to capture input. I don’t want a string variable. I need the menu to trigger an input box and then pass that to a different function. I could not find another menu item that functions like this so is this currently possible or do I have to look at creating a new input method. Maybe store the string in the menu object and then trigger an ok event to process the input.

1 Like

Hmm, maybe take a look at the description field in the core downloader, or the help text from other places in the menu. The ones that trigger when you press ‘select’

Was able to leverage the search function to find the way to implement the input and capture it with a callback function. Is there any special requirements to submit the update to the code base? It simply adds a Add To Playlist entry in the quick menu that will add the content to an existing playlist or optionally you can create a new playlist and it prompts you to enter the new playlist name. Also put together a step by step for learning purposes I would like to add to the Retroarch docs.

3 Likes

Just go ahead and open a PR and we can discuss it on github. Thanks for working on this!

1 Like

That is awesome! many people (including me) are going to be very happy with this! :partying_face:

1 Like