Mupen64plus: Zelda Majoras Mask - no menu navigation

Hello!

Let me first say what a nice project this is! I am impressed how well it works and the red UI makes a great step forward in usability!

On my linux machine using mupen64plus to play Zelda Majoras Mask I cannot select any items in the menu. When I use the analog stick to navigate it just scrolls sideways to the next page instead of going through the items/map/songs/whatever. On my windows machine this works. I have tried with openelec and ubuntu and both a dualshock 3 Playstation controller and the keyboard. Let me know if you need anything more. How can I obtain logs btw? Where are they saved?

Thanks!

I can confirm that this problem is resolved using recent retroarch, mupen64plus and Zelda Majoras Mask :slight_smile:

Just in case anyone else has encountered this problem (as I did yesterday when using RetroArch on my Switch) - the solution is in the controller mapping.

There’s an option that says something like “map analogue stick to digital” and by default this was active. This means that when you try to move the cursor on the menu screen for Majora’s Mask, you’re sending a simultaneous input for the control stick and the digital d pad.

So if you deactivate this option (I set it to “none” I think) then the menu problem should be resolved :slight_smile: No need to delete your save file or tinker with the config files.

Cheers!

1 Like

Thank you for the tip bmol1 :smiley: