Neogeo games do not load in core FBA Alpha

Today I was testing NeoGeo games in my android box with FBA ALPHA and some of the games were loaded and other times the same games did not load, or I would load and close before loading the most problematic roms that I remember were these:

Garou: Mark of the Wolves Metal Slug 4 and 5 TKOF, 99, 2000 and 2003

Apart from the NeoGeo games the FBA Alpha works well with games cps, konami, taito …

https://docs.libretro.com/guides/arcade-getting-started/

1 Like

I read what I had in this link, but I still do not understand why some neogeo games give this problem in FBA ALPHA, and it’s a 6 games, the other neogeo games work perfectly, and the problem always occurs when it goes to load the rom , if the rom load, the game works normally and another thing I remembered, if for example I play TKOF2003 and run normal and then play TKOF2000 and the bug occurs, if I play TKOF2003 again it will give the bug in it also type a domino effect.

MXIII-G TV BOX Android 5.1.1 1000M LAN US PLUG 2GB Ram ddr2+16GB 4K x 2K H.265 Decoding WiFi HDMI Amlogic S812 Quad Core 2.00ghz, GPU Mali 450 600mhz, Bluetooth 4.0

Ok, if you made sure your romset is ok through clrmamepro, then you’ll have to post logs (https://docs.libretro.com/guides/generating-retroarch-logs/#generating-logs-in-android)

1 Like

I have the impression that the bug is related to retroarch-core-options.cfg or to fs, the fs file has been inside a retroarch \ save \ fba folder. When the bug happens I delete one of these files and it works again, I’m going to be carrying one of these roms and if one does not load, the others I mentioned also do not load, but strangest, which I remember from time ago all these roms worked perfect with the retroarch FBA ALPHA on the android.

Maybe, there was an issue with savestate files (that includes fs files) generated by Z80 games (that include neogeo games) last week, are you using a version from that time ? If so, update the core and delete all those fs files. If it’s not solving your issue, post your logs.

1 Like

Thanks a lot, but I give up, I tested some 5 versions of the FBA ALPHA core including one from 2016 and they all gave the same problem with a half dozen neogeo games, the others run perfect, I already installed all the retroarch and installed from scratch and the bug persists .

I’m facing the same problem and I’m on PC. Neogeo games randomly throw “work ram error” but running fine the other time.

Oh, It seems like the cheat code makes those games go wrong, simply remove all cheat codes and restart.

Locking this topic because bumping an old topic about a core that doesn’t exist anymore won’t help anyone.

@GunKneeNeon make sure you read https://docs.libretro.com/guides/arcade-getting-started/, if your issue persist, please open a topic with the exact name of the core you are using, also make sure your “cpu clock” core option is set to “100%”, some neogeo games won’t like having their cpu overclocked and will throw that kind of message, it can even corrupt their eeprom (which means you’ll have to delete manually the related game.fs files in your retroarch save folder).