Nintendo Game Cube (Dolphin) Crashing Retroarch

Hi there,

I have been using Nintendo Game Cube/Dolphin for about 3 months without hassle and today I tried loading games and it immediately crashes Retroarch with the following message:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: retroarch.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 00000000
Fault Module Name: dolphin_libretro.dll
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 5a9d7198
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00000000001e288f
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 1e1b
Additional Information 2: 1e1b9f43dbd39043921aaa527fbd86b6
Additional Information 3: d9d5
Additional Information 4: d9d54a06da519362025caa46266ce281

Any suggestions?

Can you try getting a RetroArch log?

Did you update RetroArch or the Dolphin-libretro core recently? If not, I suspect the problem lies outside of RA. Perhaps a GPU driver update?

I had a similar problem happen, and had to just completely reinstall.

Does it crash with the same roms you used before or others?

Hey guys, I am having a crash either when I “Close Content” for a GC game, or quit retroarch with a GC game loaded.

Here is the log, however it seems that it is not storing any info related to the crash (that I can see).

https://pastebin.com/4gbirR9j

This resolved my issues so I could troubleshoot a fresh config without having to reinstall. Maybe it will for you.

I renamed C:\RetroArch-Win64\config\dolphin-emu\dolphin-emu.opt to something else like dolphin-emu.opt.bak, then upon the next time it launched, retroarch created a new cfg file. (It works with defaults.)

I put both files into winmerge, started copying over one line at a time on the cfg file to see what was breaking it. My high resolution was OK, widescreen hack was ok… But I must have flicked the Software renderer on while I was toying with settings. Enabling the Hardware renderer on resolves my issue.

Line 28 in the default options shows the correct string for me: dolphin_renderer = “Hardware”