Problems Getting a PS4 DualShock 4 Controller Properly Mapped

Hi,

I just recently got a Playstation 4 dualshock 4 controller configured to work with RetroArch 1.3.6, but a weird issue is occurring with Metal Gear Solid. Using the Mednafen/Beetle PSX HW core, the L2 and R2 buttons are seemingly mapped as both buttons if that makes sense. For instance, when I press L2 to check item inventory, the game will alternate between the item list and weapon list. The weapon list is supposed to only access with the R2 button. Same thing happens when I hit R2. It’ll randomly bring up one list or the other, and it’s really aggravating during gameplay, especially boss battles. I have tried to bind all keys using Input>User 1 Bind All, as well as scrolling the list of buttons and mapping each one individually, and painstakingly insuring L2 and R2 are mapped accordingly and separately, yet the issue persists.

Using the DS4WINDOWS driver (for Win10 Pro 64), RetroArch acknowledges a dualshock is connected.

When I plug in a Logitech F310, buttons bind automatically and the L2/R2 buttons work as they should. L2 only ever brings up the item list in MGS, and R2 only ever accesses the weapon inventory. I would just use this controller, but the d-pad isn’t nearly as tight as on the DS4 and this causes Snake to face the wrong direction a lot in stealth and battle situations.

If anyone has any ideas and/or advice on getting a DS4 to work correctly I’d really appreciate it.

I was searching for something else and run across this. So to answer ur post if i can. DS4 works fine with retroarch. There is no need to resort to other applications to change it to xbox. U probably had wrong mapping as u said u are using logitech as well. I also have logitech ,rumblepad 2 and DS4. Just remap DS4 as input one and Logitech as input 2. Both as directinput.