PS1 controller not completely recognized

Hi! I connected a PS1 controller to my pc with an USB adapter, RetroArch recognizes it but not all buttons work. While I was in “User 1 Bind” tab I noticed that the “Cross”, “Square” and “Circle” buttons don’t work. All the other buttons work. I also tried with another PS1 controller but I get the same error. Both controllers work on oringinal PS1 console. Then I tried with jstest-gtk application, and it also doesn’t recognize these three buttons! Why? :frowning: How can I solve the problem? I use Linux Mint 19.1 MATE, Kernel Linux 4.15.0-46-generic x86_64

Update: I discovered that I’m not alone: https://marc.info/?t=154750962200001 :frowning:

Yeah, I’m afraid that’s something that will need to be fixed upstream.

I use an old usb adapter, and works fine, mainly if Windows 7 detects the controller, Retroarch detect the joystick too (ps3 controller, say…) I tested the same with retroarch for Windows XP and works. Maybe with linux something it’s different, there’s nothing like joy2key? I’m not sure if with this method can work

I don’t think there is something like joi2key… anyway, also if there is a program like that, the problem would be still present, because linux doesn’t recognize the keys. I can’t assign anything to the “X” because it doesn’t exist (for the system).