PS2 Emulation Help

Greetings. I have discovered your project a few days ago thanks to EmulationStation. RetroArch goes very will with it, but it is even more fantastic even by itself. Got it up and running to play GBA and NES games. But now I want to play PS2 games using RetroArch as a front-end. I found some YouTube videos and tutorials on other websites, but they don’t seem to show proof and when I follow it, BAM, doesn’t work. So please help. If you guys could tell me where I should copy the PCSX2 files or the bios files ect, that’d be great.

RetroArch can’t launch external programs. You’ll have to use PCSX2/Dolphin/Citra/whatever separately or use a launcher like launchbox or emulationstation in front of it all.

In that case, is there any chance you can help me with the config of systems.cfg for Emulationstation?

No, I don’t know anything about EmulationStation, Hyperspin, etc. Sorry :frowning:

If they have a support forum, you could probably ask there. I think Retropie’s forums probably can help, too.

I was able to find a solution by following 3 different guides on Retropie’s Github page. Thanks anyways. You guys are better than the forums at EmulationStation.

heh, glad you got it going :slight_smile:

Hi, can you tell me if this is still valid? I configured Retroarch as my main FrontEnd and i noticed it has the PS2 Icon and all through the Desktop Menu but i can’t find a way to launch a external .exe to launch PCSX2…

Is there any way to do it today or nothing change since 2016?

Correct. RetroArch doesn’t launch external programs.

You guys would break ground if you ever made a PC launcher so shaders could be used on any application.

you can use reshade to inject shaders into stuff, including pcsx2, and they’ve ported a few of our shaders to their format.

+1 for reshade. PCSX2 shader format only allows single pass shaders from internal resolution to (yet again) internal resolution, which is cool for effect shaders (see Asmodean’s uber shader).

OK there is a built in FXAA pre-pass, which is nice.