Question about Menu Widgets & OSD in 1.7.7

New from 1.7.7 Menu Widgets has a more sophisticated design and an eye-catching thing. But it’s feel sorry to the developers, but I like old notifications than Menu Widgets. The reason is that it is more integrated into the screen than Menu Widgets and looks more like a TV screen. In addition, it is user-friendly because you can decide the font, size, position, etc myself.

I have question, but are there any plans for old notifications to remain as legacy options?
It is very helpful for me to leave it as a legacy option.
If is because old notifications can handle situations like the image below.

This is because if you start PBP file with Beetle PSX or Beetle PSX HW and enable Run Ahead, the notification of “Virtual CD Drive Tray” will be displayed endlessly every time you operate.

When this becomes Menu Widgets, the Virtual CD Drive Tray repeatedly rises and the screen is occupied.

However, old notifications that can be positioned and sized can be hidden with an overlay like this.

BTW, what is displayed is the title that ZANAC X ZANAC and it will not played on Beetle PSX/HW or PCSX-ReARMed when you start the data file extracted from CD media. So I used the PS one Classics version that can be played with Beetle PSX/HW. That’s why the file extension must be PBP.

Thanks

1 Like

Agreed. Or at least it would be cool being able to set notifications position like in previous versions. Now they always collide with overlays.

1 Like

Thank you. I’m glad to have someone who agrees.