Redream lakka Dreamcast

I have been trying to run dreamcast games using the reicast core but it does not work.

Was gonna give it a try with redream but i cant seem to find the core anywhere.

I checked the playlist options. Nothing there. Under load core or load option there is no redream…

Im running the latest regular pc lakka. I believe its 2.2.

Is redream on there or do i have to try to run the core using the latest nightly version of lakka or something?

So the dreamcast games that I have definitely work. They work on emulationstation, and batocera. I have the proper bios files and updated permisiions in folder to make sure the emulator could write to folder (which it does).

I believe the problem lies in this elusive “cue sheet”.

Its supposed to be a plain text file that tells the emulator how to read contents of disk?

And I believe Lakka requires this to run the dreamcast games properly?

i cant find any clear documentation on how to produce these cue sheets. But the roms scan into lakka and show up. When I go to play it says “failed to load content.”

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Ok maybe the issue is in .gdi vs .cdi— I downloaded the given content from “online update” content downloader dreamcast etc…

i download “240pPVR.cdi” and “ControllerTest.cdi” to see if anything helps.

I know for sure that the md5 for bios files(both for reicast and the other one) line up and they go into

-----storage/system/dc/----

as opposed to -----system/dc---- which is the other directory that i can boot up from hard drive that has lakka installed… That is already allitle confusing but god bless…

this is outlined in http://www.lakka.tv/doc/Dreamcast/

Now the proper format seems to allude me…

The games definitely work at whatever capacity as they seem to boot up in multiple other frontends/ emulators as stated before…

the files seem to be in .gdi / .bin ------ no cue files.

it seems maybe .cdi would work better??

What is the file format that people are playing these games on. Im not a total airhead I know alittle bit about the jargon and what is going on. I just cant seem to find the proper information on how the format should be laid out…

is there anyone else running dreamcast on lakka 2.2??