Reicast doesn't work with shaders

hello :slight_smile:

I play super street fighter 2x on retroarch, and without shaders it looks horrible. I can launch the game (either with reicast OIT and reicast default) if i set video_shaders to “false” in retroarch.cfg but otherwise i just have a black screen with the dreamcast launch sound. My bios files have the correct MD5 signature, i have Hardware context ON. Redream behaves the same.

Is this normal or is there a solution?

Thanks

what type of shaders are you trying to use? Cg shaders are known to have these sorts of problems on certain GPUs with hardware-accelerated cores. Try GLSL shaders instead.

I’m trying to use Sony PVM RGB shader from the Analog Shader Pack. I tried to use crt royale as well. Actually GLSL filters (such as easymode) do not work neither. Black screen with only the sound

Here is the log

have you tried enabling ‘hardware shared context’?

EDIT: whoops, didn’t see you already have it enabled.

It is already enabled.

More details: I tested with two other games (VF3 and Street zero 3), same results: with “video_shader_enable=false” the games launch correctly. with “video_shader_enable=true” black screen, reicast launches to bios (i can hear the cursor sound when i press the d-pad). With snes9x, no problem.

Thanks to Tatsuya79 on retroarch forums, the solution was to delete \RetroArch\shaders\presets\Reicast\Reicast.cgp