[Reicast] Unresponsive controls

Hi, I notice since 2 month, I am unable to play Dreamcast games because the controls are not working. I can’t use control overlay nor gamepad.

The game seems to run smoothly but controls are strange unresponsive + extremely laggy. This also trigger android to ask for kill the app. I don’t have problem with other emulator or reicast app.

I use retroarch 1.7.6 on Huawei P20 lite any ideas ?

Here is a video to show the problem : https://framadrop.org/r/sW4LolhSi5#oB6MF3IR+U78v3yAwUp6DU+bMBnKAiLrOsBbXRTolGM=

had this problem- the solutions in to change the poll type in the settings. hope this helps. also to note, the setting you want to change it to is basically the opposite of all the other emulators so I made a per core config.

3 Likes

Thanks,

Change poll type to “Normal” do the trick.

2 Likes

cara sou brasileiro me ajuda como você arrumou? pois meu esta travando tem um mês

se tiver um tutorial faça ai como configurar por núcleo obg.

Dude, love you, that solved for me as well!

Mexe nisso.

Disabling Threaded Rendering in Flycast Cores options also does the trick for the controls.

If you use the latest version of RetroArch together with the larest version of flycast, you shouls no longer need to do this. Input poll type behavior can now be set at whichever value you want. When threaded rendering is enabled, the core will do some automagic behind the scenes to do early input polling implicitly.

So what’s the better otion? Early, Normal or late?