Retroarch 1.7.5: Mame and Fba error on several roms

Hi I have just downloaded retroarch 1.7.5 ( I had a 1.4 version). However, I can not play to a several roms like “avsp.zip”, “19xx.zip”, “megaman2.zip”, “sfa2.zip”, progear.zip", etc. (In Retroarch 1.4 version I have not any kind of errors on mame and fba cores)

I play with “mame_libretro.dll” and “fba_libretro.dll” cores. Some roms works fine with “mame_libreto.dll” and others with “fba_libretro.dll”.

What happen with Mame and fba core on Retroarch latest version?

Thanks

MAME and FBA are constantly updating their ROM sets, and any version of the emulator is only guaranteed to work with its specific ROM set. So, what’s happened is that we’ve updated the cores.

If you never want to update your ROMs to match, you’ll have to use an old snapshot, like mame2003 or FBA2012, though those cores will be missing updates and features that are added to the newer cores.

I have the latest version of each cores. I like to have updated all of the cores I have.

Mame 0.201

All CPS2 games, most likely you are missing the decrypt key inside the rom, that change happened 2 years ago with the fba .39 release

That’s exactly the problem, you are running updated cores (fba .44) with outdated roms (pre fba .39), update your romsets.

Ok. I understand. How can I update my fba and mame romset?

We can’t/won’t tell you how to get ROMs. As far as we’re concerned, you need to dump them yourself from your own legally owned boards.

Ok, Don`t worry. And can you tell me exactly which is the newest romset for fba and mame 0.201? (to search on the internet the roms for these cores).

That’s a pretty weird question, mame 0.201 needs a mame 0.201 romset, and fba .44 needs a fba .44 romset.

I provide clrmamepro dats for fba at https://github.com/libretro/fbalpha/tree/master/dats, it should be fully rebuildable with latest mame+hbmame romsets