RetroArch + Cydia Impactor

Hello. I Have iPhone 6s + with iOS 10. I was installed retroach with cydia impactor but can’t load any core and can’t find my ROMs. There is any solution for that?

I have the same problem ios 10 iphone 5s pls help

Need to unpack the ipa file, go to modules folder, place signed cores, repack and install it with Cydia Impactor.

Ill try it later, do cores stay signed forever, or expire after a week? Also, how do you sign cores on windows without a virtual machine, if possible.

Will the cores be signed automatically if they are in the modules folder when i install the app?

Yes, cores dont expire as far as i know. No, guess its not possible because you need Xcode and Free dev certificates to do the job.

Thank you! Do cores expire after you sign a new app, because of the warning u get after you try to sign something on impactor

Dont know. I use xcode to install it. But dont think so, the only thing that can expire is the app, every week.

I used xcode once to buld the app and sign cores, i have the signed cores still but when i use cydia impactor to install retroarch and place my cores in using iexplorer, it does not work. Is installing the app with my cores in the mudules folder going to make the cores able to load? (It worked fine when i loaded it with xcode, but i dont want to use a virtual machine to resign the cores cause my pc has an amd cpu and wont load a virtual mac os)

PSX games doesn’t working :frowning: iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 10. Tested 2 cores pcsx_rearmed_interpreter_libretro_ios.dylib and pcsx_rearmed_libretro_ios.dylib RetroArch just crashes.

Does n64 work?

pcsx_rearmed doesnt work on non jilbroken devices. You have to use interpreter core. Thats odd, i got it working perfectly fine. Just a question, everytime you load the core, you can see the name or its says nothing?

Thank you for ur help everything is working perfectally

You have to put the cores inside the app before installing it.

Yes, if you need the N64 core i have an old copy

You are welcome, any question you still have i will try to help you solve it.

I use pcsx_rearmed_interpreter_libretro_ios.dylib but not signed, just copied from my iPad Jailbreak iOS 8. I’m loading ROM with “Load Content” -> Select File and Detect Core.

1. unzip RetroArch_iOS9
  2. put pcsx_rearmed_interpreter_libretro_ios.dylib to /modules/
  3. zip Payload
  4. Install by Cydia Impactor
  5. go to “Load Content” -> Select File and Detect Core.
  6. Choose a rom and retroarch crashes :frowning:

What I’m doing wrong?

Its because you are using retroarch for iOS 9. Things are different in there if you are in iOS 8, need to use Retroarch for iOS, not iOS 9. The same with cores. If you have jailbreak, install this repo: https://buildbot.libretro.com/repo/cydia/, dont need to do all that stuff, thats only for non jailbroken devices.

My iPhone has non-jailbreak and I’m trying install RetroArch for iPhone with iOS 10. I need to use RetroArch for iOS not for iOS 9?

If you are using xcode to install it, select Retroarch 10 target and install it. Cores need to be from the folder called ios 9.

If you are downloading the app file its ok to pick up from iOS 9 folder. Dont use iOS folder, thats only for iOS 8 and below.