Saving Issues With Nside Balanced

When I run a any Gameboy game through nSide Balanced and save the game it creates too files in my save game folder, one of which is a no extension zero byte file. When I load the game it doesn’t see the save. This issue seems to effect all Gameboy games run through nSide Balanced. Any ideas?

Edit

So, it seems the saves will appear if I restart the core but exiting in anyway makes them unreadable. Any ideas? The same games save fine in an actual Gameboy core.

i dont think nside is still maintained… i cant be sure…

So, what’s the core to use for Super Gameboy emulation?

I’ve seen some commits to Sameboy recently regarding SGB, but I haven’t tested it in a bit to see if it’s functional yet: https://github.com/libretro/SameBoy/commit/c266e4045b7dd8160ff19549a4cbee7cefc20e70

I’m not terribly familiar with commits- does that mean the feature is in the current core or that it’s going to be in the core in the future?

Future, since it looks like the code for the option to select Super Gameboy as the emulated model was deleted in that commit. But since the commit is labeled as an attempt at hooking up support for it, I expect it’ll be in there “soon”.

Doesn’t it need to be a Super Nintendo core and not a Gameboy one though for the Super Gameboy to function? Or is this implementation in Sameboy replicating features rather then emulating actual hardware?

Is this an actual implementation of the Super Gameboy hardware with all the game specific features that entails? How do you get it to run through the Super Gameboy and not just as a standard Gameboy game?

Okay, so I need a core that can emulate the actual hardware. Any ideas as to why the core wouldn’t save with Gameboy games but not Super Nintendo games?

Would the bsnes core have this problem?