(SOLVED) Fba 2012 NEOGEO core latency run ahead option issues

hi, In my quest no solved yet to have 2 cores for NEOGEO (MVS and AES see the topic “core splitter”), I test the fba 2012 neogeo cores with the correct romsets builded with clmamepro. When the run ahead option is disabled each game load fine without glitches. But when I actived this, game have heavy glitch pictures when start a game. (it doesn’t occur when we actived this during game but only if activated by default at start of a game) Is it a know bug with last revision of the core? and there is a possibilty to solve it thanks

1 Like

I haven’t tested it, but yeah, not all cores (or even specific drivers within multi-system cores like FBA) handle the burden of runahead gracefully.

ok thanks the current fba cores seems to rune fine this marvelous option.

So I stay on my problem to have 2 NEO GEO CORES (AES and MVS) using run ahead feature:

-mame doesn’t support now run ahead (even mame2003 plus which have problem, I donate to bounty about this) -we can’t split anymore cores on android -and fba 2012 neo geo seems not use this option well.

So I will patiently wait a solution regards

Hi, just to see what happen for exemple with run ahead activated by default on core override:

annoying because run ahead is a marvelous feature. If a fix could be find for fba 2012. thanks

As far as i understand from your old posts, you are playing on a shield tv, so why are you using the fbalpha2012 core instead of the fbalpha core where all of this is fixed ?

2 Likes

Hi, in fact I would like to have 2 system AES and MVS on my hyperspin setup on shield tv. So I use current fb alpha core for MVS succesfully with run ahead feature.

For AES, it more difficult.

1/ I start with the split cores (see batch split cores thread) but android limitations seems to forbide the use of custom split cores. I try to inject custom core on my rooted device using x plore but core not reconized. I even test succesfully to make a local webserver with the help of thatman84 guide (thanks to him) in order to attempt to load custom cores created with batch. So I change the web adress in retroarch.cfg of core updater with my local web adress created with Xampp and recreated an .index-extended with my custom cores. Using a web browser I succefully see the core available. Unfortunaly loading the index extended in retroarch doesn’t see any cores. Retroarch only see them if I pick from the official website an official core added in my local server. So no solution.

2/ Since the option config files haven’t the per core override or per system config feature, we could’t split aes and mvs option.

3/ So I test with mame2003 plus but the run ahead features isn’t ready fully (I made a donation in bounty for that). The same for mame current git whitch is incompatible with run ahead feature.

My last chance is fba 2012, I made a perfect romset with clmamepro with 0 mistake. But this glitches with run ahead activated is annoying. My ultimate goal is to have 2 wheels on my hyperspin setup on shield tv. Hope someone could fix the core or help me to find a new solution Thanks regards

It is extremely unlikely, fixing this would most likely mean updating the split core code source with the newest available, which would make the split core slower, and that’s not something the libretro team wants because those cores are targeted at old hardware unable to run the current fbalpha core.

Ah ok I understand. So no sulution at this time with this core. The only solution would be the possibily to allow again as before the use of split core for android. I don t understand why we can t anymore push on rooted device some core as before. All my backup of former core is now unusable. Strange Thanks

I don’t really understand the point of having separate aes/mvs setup, especially at the cost of not using the new version of this core (with a lot of bugfixes), the mode is quickly changed through core options, you could also use unibioses and change the mode at runtime.

However, since you are using an third-party frontend to launch your roms, and it probably allows you to customize command lines, what you want to achieve is probably doable with current fbalpha, let’s say your command line to launch an aes game currently looks like this :

retroarch -L path/to/fbalpha_libretro.so path/to/the/rom

Let’s add an additional parameter to append an additional configuration file, now it looks like this :

retroarch -L path/to/fbalpha_libretro.so --appendconfig=path/to/the/config/you/want/to/append path/to/the/rom

Now let’s create the config file at path/to/the/config/you/want/to/append, it should contains :

core_options_path = "path/to/your/alternate/retroarch-core-options.cfg/for/aes"

And at path/to/your/alternate/retroarch-core-options.cfg/for/aes", create a file with this :

fba-neogeo-mode = "AES"

I don’t see any reason why it wouldn’t work.

PS : obviously, all the path/to stuff needs to be replaced by realistic file locations.

thanks to take time to show me the right answers. unfortunely I’m not very strong on config and don’t know if command line instructions on android works?

the hypersin setting.ini for each system is as below:

[exe info]

path=

rompath=Emulators/SNK Neo Geo/roms

userompath=true

exe=com.retroarch/com.retroarch.browser.retroactivity.RetroActivityFuture

romextension=zip,rar,chd

parameters=cores/fbalpha_libretro_android.so

searchsubfolders=

pcgame=false

winstate=HIDDEN

hyperlaunch=true

do you think, I could add a comand line instruction on these? the setting.ini apparently doesn’t accept any other line and make crash hyperspin. We could only indicate a path to the rom and the core used to load them and rom extension. thanks again

nevermind, it seems that creating a per game config override and then indicate inside the

core_options_path = “path/to/your/alternate/retroarch-core-options.cfg/for/aes”

with, as you said, a custom retroarch-core-options.cfg with inside the: fba-neogeo-mode = “AES”

it seem to work. the config per game file loads the custom retroarch-core-options.cfg inside a another specific folder created.

So apparently we could make some core option override whitch could be potentially fantastic.

I need to make some more test later this afternoon and come back with my result

thank again BarbuDreadMon for help me and show me the right path. regards

I’m so stupid because creating a per game ovveride force the rom to be load with the new retroarch-core-option.cfg so my NEO GEO MVS sytem on hyperspin load also this custom config files in AES MODE.

come back to the start point. sorry

So finally after some tests ans tweaks, I was able to override option core and create my 2 devices MVS and AES on my hyperspi setup with 2 different wheels :sweat_smile: I m using content directory override. I add for one of the two config files one line to point to a custom retroarch core option file located in a different folder. All do the tricks. Thanks again BarbuDreadMon to take time to help me in the right direction. A last operation has to be made on the core option file for each game. I will make a guide these days if someone are interrested to finally make some per option ovveride files to make different option settings with a same core Regards