Starting Retroarch in 240 x 2560 on a CRT

Hi all,

This seemed to work fine in an older build, now RA defaults to 640 x 460 on boot. Had a look at the cfg files but not sure what I need to change to load RGUI in 2560 x 240 (240p) for my Arcade monitor?

Thanks

@hunterk , you’re usually the man for this kind of thing! :slight_smile:

In settings > user interface, make sure advanced options are visible, then go to settings > video and look for the CRT SwitchRes options. Set it to super res and set your super res to 2560 and I think you should be set.

If you don’t want to use switchres and just want a static 2560x240, make sure you have that modeline present in your OS and then set a video_fullscreen_x/y setting of 2560 and 240, respectively.

Fantastic that worked - thank you so much! I’ve set to use custom refresh rates to match arcade stuff as this PC build will go on my Sega Astro, assume this will run everything smoothly since very few games lock exactly to 60hz?

I’m not 100% on which options do what, unfortunately, especially when the super res options are involved. If anything unexpected happens, though, let me know and we can work through it :slight_smile:

EDIT: also, super-jelly about that Astro :wink:

Much appreciated - cheers again :slight_smile:

Ha thanks mate, you can see a restore log here:https://bordersdown.net/threads/126982-Sega-Astro-Restore-Log

Also have another question for you bud. So RGUI running perfectly at 2560 x 240 on RA 1.76. Nes core MESEN loads games great, no issues, same with Beetle Saturn. However if I use let’s say Genesis Plus GX or bsnes, they default to a 640x460 res and the image is super squashed. So, I go into the video settings and change res to 2560x240 and all is great. Now, here’s the issue. I set to save that per core config, so it saves 2560 x 240 for Genesis Plus GX or bsnes, but it doesn’t save. On each boot it reverts back to 640 x 480. Anyway around this? I swear it didn’t do this on RA 1.73, which I built an arcade PC out of before. Then again there were less CRT options there. Any help massively appreciated!

I forgot that super resolutions don’t include the 224 modeline by default. D’uh. Added now all seems fine.

1 Like

dang, man, that’s beautiful :open_mouth:

1 Like