Super Mario 64 DS Control stick issues

Hello! I’ve currently been trying to play through Super Mario 64 DS and I’ve been attempting to use this method method for mapping the touch screens analog controls to the control stick and for the most part it works really well but I’m stuck with one problem. Every time I enable everything like the guide says my character will become stuck moving very slowly to the right, the only way for me to get around this is to increase the emulated pointer dead zone setting but that also takes away my ability to make the characters walk slowly at all still effectively gimping the analog controls. I’ve tested this with multiple controllers and the same thing happens to all of them. I don’t notice my characters drifting in any other platform on retroarch with an analog stick (N64, PSX). Im thinking maybe if I edit the value of these codes I may be able to set the pointer default origin slightly more to the left but I just wanted to come ask and see if anyone has any other ideas because I know there are other methods to make control stick work for this game in standalone emulators but I really prefer retroarch