Switching Custom Refresh Rates

I use CRU to add custom refresh rate profiles to match console refresh rates. Now how would I go to force switching profiles for each cfg? I read (or understood) that by adding in CRU a different resolution profile like say 1912x1080, if in your cfg you set that as your video_resolution the video driver will automatically switch to that resolution and refresh mode, is this correct? the thing is I will be adding like 5 profiles/modelines so it creates a problem, is there a better way to handle this?

Correct, if you set video_fullscreen_x/y (and possibly video_refresh_rate), it will try to snap to that existing modeline.

I believe Nvidia and Intel GPUs don’t like having very many custom modelines, but I think 5 is okay…?

The issue is that in order to auto-switch among 5 profiles I have to have like 1912, 1904, 1896, and so on? unaware of what quirks would that arise.

Another one, more CRU related though is that having very close refresh rate modelines don’t get detected by Windows even when using 1912 H resolution, all are superseeded by the default 60Hz modeline. I did a test with 75Hz, and everything is correct, not so with close to 60Hz rates (within rounding integer).