Update to New 1.7.7 Version

RetroArch 1.7.7 – Released! May 7, 2019 Daniel De Matteis

UPDATE May 11, 2019: RetroArch 1.7.7 has been updated again. This latest hotfix release should fix several crashing issues that could happen at startup on the 3DS and WiiU. It should also be a generally more stable release than the previous version. If you already downloaded RetroArch before May 11, be sure to download it again and upgrade your existing version!

So do I download a Fresh Version or Just unzip/install over the top of old one?

Either should be fine, I would think.

1 Like

I recently updated to it and it has messed with the Beetle PSX HW core. It constantly pops up with a notification for the framerate and is real annoying. Ive turned off notifications but it still keeps coming. Any advice?

Follow the suggestion in the notification and turn on async loading (or whatever it’s called) in the core options?

You also need to turn off menu widgets in settings > user interface to make the notifications go away. They’re currently separate options but will be merged soon.

Hey thanks a lot, it worked! Do you know if it is possible to scale the output in fullscreen mode? I hook up my laptop to my PAL CRT SDTV and there is some cutoff on the sides which I would like to see.

I also want to know is it possible to increase the resolution internal resolution when super sampling? I couple of games just look way to blurry and raising the internal resolution a little would really help.

you would have to adjust the aspect ratio in settings > video to bring the sides in. You can increase the internal res when supersampling but it won’t be all that noticeable, since it always scales back down before display.

The aspect ratio is fine but its the overscan of the TV that is cutting off the image. Is there an option that helps you deal with that like what many PS2 and PS3 games had?

As for the internal resolution, how can you increase what it supersamples too?

You can use the custom viewport settings with a custom aspect ratio setting, but I’m afraid it might not look that great on an actual television. Worth a shot, though. As for the supersampling, you just set the internal resolution multiplier to as high as you want and it will always supersample down to 1x.

Yes, the same was happening to me, the “Internal FPS” is a Bettle PSX HW core option, just disable it and you can keep the widgets. Eventually someone should adapt the widget for these kinds of dynamic stats, so they don’t stack on top of each other.