What type of files does Mednafen PSX use?

Whenever I load a game into my ROMS folder, it will say “No items.” There are no other PSX emulators in my online updater either, so what can I do? What files am I supposed to be loading into here?

It needs bin/cue images and you load the cue sheet. If you’re on an ARM device, you should be using pcsx-rearmed instead.

I don’t know anything about bin/cue. Does that mean an ISO wouldn’t work or I’d have to do something to it to make it work?

ISO won’t work alone. I think cue/iso can work, though (not 100% on that). You would have to be generating your cue sheet manually in that case, as you’re not likely to find cue/iso floating around anywhere.

The ccd/img format also works.

Same problem here, or at least I think so, newbie starting with the app. I downloaded the rom in the PC and then move it to my Android. When try to add content there is an “no items” message. The files are .bin (the game uses two discs) and there is no other file in the filder. Thanks in advance for replies

Our scanning databases are based on No-Intro and Redump hashes (for the most part), so if your games don’t match those hashes, they won’t show up in a scan. You may still be able to load games that don’t show up in scans just by going to “load content” and navigating to the game.

However:

Beetle-PSX only loads cue files. If your game doesn’t have a cue file, that means it’s not compatible as-is. If all you have is bins, you can go to redump.org and try to generate a cue file for it. It may or may not work, though, depending on whether your bin file is a good dump or not.

PSX games need BOTH the iso/bin/img AND the .cue file. However, you don’t need to hunt down the cue files.

Just go to the directory where your “Game.iso” file is and create an empty txt file. For example “Game.txt” then edit the txt file and add these following lines:

FILE “Threads of Fate.bin” BINARY

TRACK 01 MODE2/2352

INDEX 01 00:00:00

In this example my game file is “Threads of Fate.bin” You’ll have to change this to “Your Game Name.iso” or .bin depending on your file and save. After saving the txt file, rename the game.txt to game.cue (in my example it’s saved as Threads of Fate.cue)

And it’s done! Hopefully the emulator can run the game now. If it doesn’t, the rom might be corrupt. Anyway, hope this helps.

1 Like