Xinput controller configured message

Hello all, new to the forum, and came here to ask a question I couldnt find an answer to.

I love RetroArch and appreciate all the work being done it. It works great - having one piece of software to run all the emulators is a great idea.

I keep getting a message that an xinput controller on port 0 has been configured, or verbiage very close to that. It happens after a few minutes of playing, and continues in spurts of three times, every couple minutes. It’s distracting, not visually(I know how to turn off the OSD), but the fact that it lags my gameplay everytime it happens. Is there any dedicated fix for this? I found the fix where you turn advanced power management to off for the usb device. I’ve done this, through settings, and through the registry. This happens for all controllers I have(xbox 360 wireless, ps4 wired or wireless).

As a possibly related sidenote - when I go to configure a controller, it changes which buttons do what in the emulator, but never in the game. No matter what I change in button config, my games have the same buttons every time. Am I missing something?

Thanks for any help :slight_smile:

I don’t think there’s anything that can be done about it on the RetroArch side except maybe hard-binding the buttons (via settings > input > player 1 binds > bind all) and then turning off autoconfig altogether. Otherwise, figure out why your OS keeps fiddling with the USB ports. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the tip! After every power-saving tip, and after reconfiguring my Bios, my usb ports are overall a little better performing, but the message and lag still persists. I tried your suggestion and it worked. Everything functions perfectly now, so far anyway. I dont have the time to dig through logs to find out what is happening, or rather, would not like to spend what little time I have doing that.

Question: What is the purpose of autoconfig? And why do no other games have that lag problem when my controller “micro-disconnects”?

autoconfiguration is intended to allow you to hotplug any pad we have a profile for and it will be recognized and the retropad button assignments will automatically match the physical layout of the pad. So, each time it micro-disconnects, RetroArch goes through the identification process, searches for a profile and then applies it.

I have a similar problem, but I just want to disable the popup that says, “Xbox One Controller configured in port #0”. I disabled the “Onscreen Notification”, but I still get the message about the controller. I also tried “bind all” but I still get the pop up when I start a new game on any core :confused:

settings > user interface > menu widgets OFF

1 Like

That worked, thank you so much :blush: