007 Golden Eye - Glupen64 Control Mapping

Does anyone have a good control mapping profile for this game? Using a PS3 or Xbox controller like we do for newer FPS games, like using the right stick to look, L2 to aim, R2 to shoot, and so on. If you do have a profile for this game, let me know please.

[QUOTE=aorin1;51920]Does anyone have a good control mapping profile for this game? Using a PS3 or Xbox controller like we do for newer FPS games, like using the right stick to look, L2 to aim, R2 to shoot, and so on. If you do have a profile for this game, let me know please.[/QUOTE]

It’s a little difficult to do, mostly because the c-buttons aren’t analogue… so it never feels quite right. One axis is smooth and the other is a hard press.

That being said the method I used was via Xpadder and just Alt+Tabbed until it was the way I wanted it.

I noticed we can choose (in game) a lot of profiles, they are many, I think I can make something with that later, some hits and misses, of course.

Haha yeah, those in-game options are bizarre. Like the ones that use 2 controllers.

That was where my next attempt was going to focus too, in trying to see if I could map the joystick from player 2 to the right-stick on my first player pad. As is my way though, 800 other projects have distracted me lol.

If we ever get this kind of thing figured out. It should work just as well with Perfect Dark too. That was my favorite thing about the XBLA remaster lol modern controls. Shame the goldeneye remaster never came to be.

Yeah, youre right. Ill try that when I get some free time and patience, if I get good results, I`ll get back here with the mappings for everyone to use.

I tried something earlier today, but this games has crazy controls when it comes to adapt it to a more modern way to play, like using a PS3 control, the closer I got, was activating the double gamepad in the start options, but it looks left and right, instead of strafing, not sure if I can get better results.

So I found a solution, it’s not 100% perfect but it totally works. (This also works in Perfect Dark too in case anyone cares. )

Steps: 1.) Leave in-game controls at default. 2.) Go into RetroArch’s Quick Menu 3.) Control Options 4.) Swap X-axis for Left-Stick and Right-Stick. 5.) (Optional) Change Z from L2 to R2 6.) (Optional) Change R from R1 to L2 7.) Choose “Save Game Remap”

Viola. Dual-stick controls. (Optional) Tasks give you aiming on left trigger, and firing on the right.

HOWEVER, here are the issues:

1.) Sensitivity on the X-axis for right-stick is super high. I’m not sure how to change that… 2.) Side-stepping is controlled by the C-buttons, it is not an analogue function. This means moving sidways will always be full tilt even though it’s on the left-stick.

It’s a little touchy, but it’s certainly usable. If we can fix the sensitivity that a lone would be good to me.

As for side-stepping. We’d need one of the dual-controller in-game options and to map it to the single controller. This is tricky though because even those dual controller setups will still require Remaps.

I might re-visit this in the future, but I wanted to share what I worked out thus far.

1 Like

Superb dude, can you, just in case put your remap file here? It can be useful without hassle for a lot of people in my opinion.

Yeah I can totally do that… um… how do I do that? I don’t see like an “attachment” button on here…

lol I feel stupid.

Just throw it onto pastebin or somewhere similar and post a link to that.

Ok, um I think I am doing this right.

I guess I changed some other settings too when I initially set this up too…

http://pastebin.com/9Q68iQfj

I think these are the 4 important lines… actually…

input_player1_l_x = “2” input_player1_r_x = “0” input_player1_l2 = “13” input_player1_l = “12”

Also, maybe forget what I said about aiming with the cursor lol that’s super wonky on this setup…

I just tested your remap Sky, I can tell it’s a lot better playing it in a PS or Xbox controller now, like you said, not perfect, it would only be better playing in a N64 gamepad.

I saved this remap here, thanks again for your efforts, I can play this game now when I have the time.

Using Shield TV with RetroArch, with ParaLLEL this remap allows to play goldeneye like a modern shooter. Using DualShock 4. Ingame setting allow you to change the inversion on the Y-axis.

• input_libretro_device_p1 = “5”
  • input_player1_analog_dpad_mode = “0”
  • input_player1_l_x = “2”
  • input_player1_r_x = “0”
  • input_player1_l2 = “13”
  • input_player1_b = “1”
  • input_player1_y = “0”

This worked for me, hope it can help others.

2 Likes

Best config so far, thanks. Using a PS3 gamepad here.