1.11.1 D3D11 swanstation crash

Hi, here what happened, i was using version 1.10.3 with swanstation in D3D11 mode, everything was fine and fluid at x3 resolution and shaders. Now with 1.11.1 it crashes, if i use GL it will work but with slowdowns, so the crash it’s d3d11 related. Do you know a fix for that?

CORE 2 DUO T9400 2.53GHZ NVIDIA 9600M GT 512MB 4GB RAM 250GB SSD

Can you post a log of the crash? We’ll have to find out why it’s crashing and when it started, and whether other people experience the same behavior.

Nothing useful, there is a more detailed version of the log? it doesn’t even enter to the core, what i can say is that the version of retroarch 1.10.3 it was copied from another pc but it was working fine, for the 1.11.1 i think it’s just the new .exe that is giving me the problem

[INFO] [Core]: Content ran for a total of: 00 hours, 00 minutes, 00 seconds. [INFO] [Core]: Unloading core… [INFO] [Core]: Unloading core symbols… [INFO] [Video]: Does not have enough samples for monitor refresh rate estimation. Requires to run for at least 4096 frames. [INFO] RetroArch 1.11.1 (Git 389ef31) [INFO] === Build ======================================= [INFO] CPU Model Name: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T9400 @ 2.53GHz [INFO] Capabilities: MMX MMXEXT SSE SSE2 SSE3 SSE4 [INFO] Built: Oct 4 2022 [INFO] Version: 1.11.1 [INFO] Git: 389ef31

EDIT: whoops, nvm, someone got it to happen. We’ll check it out.

Hmm, well, we’ve had some who can reproduce and some that can’t. Can you tell me what kind of GPU you’re using? Are you on the latest driver revision for it?

1 Like

I’m using nvidia 9600m, latest driver for it 342.01. I have some news, my old ssd stopped working properly so i changed it for a new one and after all the installation process, drivers ect., now swanstation crashes with both 1.10.3 and 1.11.1, the error is BEX64 - StackHash_1dc2. Beetle and Rearmed both work fine.

Some googling suggests that this is a generic error that can be related to a lot of different causes. One seems to be antivirus software or other applications that inject/interact with other software (reshade, rivatuner, etc.)

I disabled real time protection on avira and closed afterburner+rivatuner, same error. Really weird because i was playing fine with x3 resolution on swan before all of that :thinking:

edit. Tried Duckstation standalone and work’s fine.

Problem solved, deleted config files inside swanstation folder, set video output on retroarch to gl, closed, open it again and swanstation started :sweat_smile:

edit. glcore works too; on d3d10 swanstation crashes, on d3d11 retroarch crashes, so swanstation don’t support d3d10 which i suppose it’s a limitation of my gpu. The problem were the config files ported from another pc which had d3d11 capabilities.

1 Like