1.2: Unfortunately, RetroArch has stopped

Hi,

I have this issue with The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask (N64) and MAME 2015 (NEOGEO and CPS2). MAME 2003 some time just quite to the main menu or “Unfortunately, RetroArch has stopped” (for neogeo, for CPS2 it’s OK).

System: Nvidia Shield Portable, Tegra 4.

Anyone has success with Retroarch 1.2, MAME and Tegra 4? If so, which romset do you use? Or with Zelda Majora’s Mask?

Thanks

[QUOTE=sf1;24925]Hi,

I have this issue with The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask (N64) and MAME 2015 (NEOGEO and CPS2). MAME 2003 some time just quite to the main menu or “Unfortunately, RetroArch has stopped” (for neogeo, for CPS2 it’s OK).

System: Nvidia Shield Portable, Tegra 4.

Anyone has success with Retroarch 1.2, MAME and Tegra 4? If so, which romset do you use? Or with Zelda Majora’s Mask?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

If I remember well, both Zelda have the same issue with every emulator I’ve tried on android. You can’t play them for too long or it will crash. I remember having to save very often. It’s not specific to your device.

I haven’t had any problem besides compatibility with the mame cores. Which games were you playing when it happened?

[QUOTE=Tetsuokenpachi;24926]If I remember well, both Zelda have the same issue with every emulator I’ve tried on android. You can’t play them for too long or it will crash. I remember having to save very often. It’s not specific to your device.

I haven’t had any problem besides compatibility with the mame cores. Which games were you playing when it happened?[/QUOTE]

Zelda runs fine on previous stable RetroArch. Now Majora’s Mask doesn’t run at all.

For MAME I tried many CPS2 and NeoGeo games. But I need to know, which romset I need to use for MAME 2015?

Thanks

MAME2015 is 0.152, I think.

[QUOTE=sf1;25046]Zelda runs fine on previous stable RetroArch. Now Majora’s Mask doesn’t run at all.

For MAME I tried many CPS2 and NeoGeo games. But I need to know, which romset I need to use for MAME 2015?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

If I were you, I’d use FBA instead. It has the good old overclock option in core options so you can play neogeo games without the slowdowns. I was using that on the original Xbox and I could play metal slug 2 without the original slowdowns.

I never thought of that! I guess I know what I am going to play this evening :slight_smile:

You can set it up to 200. It’s awesome for shooters like blazing star for example. It makes games perfect.

I just tried this with Metal Slug 2, it plays smooth as silk now! Thank you!