1.3.2 changes for Wii

Does anyone know if anything Wii specific was fixed since 1.3.0?

Not sure about the new things (except the new snes core catsfc). But I saw a few things wrong with this new update:

• Core names are missing in the menu
  • Game & Watch core is missing

And things that aren’t fixed yet:

• Neo Geo Pocket core is still broken (only a white screen no matter which rom you load)
  • 7z doesn’t work well with large files (this works on GX emus so it is not a console limitation)

Regards

The Resolution saving is back and fixed. Also you can use the new HID driver and connect a PS3 Controller and other HID controllers like the Wii U Gamecube adapter… however for most of them still need to add a driver… Maybe it can be added by request. And yes the CatSFC core have been added.

What’s the CatSFC version based off of and does it use the APU core that Snes9x 1.52 uses or is the sound emulation sub par like in the >1.51 versions? Also, does this still have the issue where RA forces you to manually configure all the buttons for the classic controller?

Perhaps I should elaborate. On the previous version, 1.2.0/1.2.2, upon loading RetroArch on the Wii, I was forced to navigate with the Wii remote and nothing else, manually fumbling through the oddly mapped buttons and forcibly remapping the controls for use with Classic Controller. I honest to goodness hope that this issue doesn’t plague the new one.

[QUOTE=nintendonerd1889;35911]What’s the CatSFC version based off of and does it use the APU core that Snes9x 1.52 uses or is the sound emulation sub par like in the >1.51 versions? Also, does this still have the issue where RA forces you to manually configure all the buttons for the classic controller?

Perhaps I should elaborate. On the previous version, 1.2.0/1.2.2, upon loading RetroArch on the Wii, I was forced to navigate with the Wii remote and nothing else, manually fumbling through the oddly mapped buttons and forcibly remapping the controls for use with Classic Controller. I honest to goodness hope that this issue doesn’t plague the new one.[/QUOTE]

I think the 2 cores are available (the normal and the plus). I have a classic controller pro and I don’t have this issue (now or before). Question: is you controller an original classic controller from Nintendo or a generic brand?

[QUOTE=netux79;35916]I think the 2 cores are available (the normal and the plus). I have a classic controller pro and I don’t have this issue (now or before). Question: is you controller an original classic controller from Nintendo or a generic brand?[/QUOTE]

Official Classic Controller, every other app works with it out of the box, but for some reason, the last version of RetroArch went to hell and forced me to navigate with the Wii remote only, I had to manually remap each button because it wouldn’t auto detect. Why? I have no freaking idea, but there’s no reason it shouldn’t, and while I would report it as an issue, it will be an issue that no one else can reproduce, so no, there’s no point in me reporting it -_- What do you mean the normal and plus, what’s the diff?

I mean, I’ll try 1.3.2 but I’m not going to get my hopes up that it’ll support and have pre-configured mapped buttons for the official Nintendo classic controller. I’ll even record a video if I have to. But if that still doesn’t work, then I give up.

netux79 Eu tentei usar o controle ps3 via cabo usb mas não consegui, eu tenho os .ini do controle ps3 e genérico do ps2 na pasta controllers do nintendont posso usar os mesmos no retroarch? e eles ficam em qual pasta? muito obrigado.

I tried using the PS3 via USB cablecontrol but I could not, I have control of the .ini ps3 ps2 and generic nintendont in the folder controllers can use the same in retroarch? and they are in what folder? thank you so much.

[QUOTE=Spielvan;35937]netux79 Eu tentei usar o controle ps3 via cabo usb mas não consegui, eu tenho os .ini do controle ps3 e genérico do ps2 na pasta controllers do nintendont posso usar os mesmos no retroarch? e eles ficam em qual pasta? muito obrigado.

I tried using the PS3 via USB cablecontrol but I could not, I have control of the .ini ps3 ps2 and generic nintendont in the folder controllers can use the same in retroarch? and they are in what folder? thank you so much.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, in order to use the Ps3 controller you need a few things:

1. download the autonconfig files for HID controllers from the assets download section.
  2. Put them in a autoconfig/hid within the retroarch app folder (the one that contains all the cores)
  3. start retroarch normally and get into the drivers menu and change joystick driver to “hid”
  4. restart retroarch and connect the controller in any usb port.
  5. it should detect it, configure it and allow to use it.

Hope this helps.

@nintendonerd1889: Ok so you have an official controller… it should work… try something: backup all your config files and start clean. There is a BIG chance you are still using your old config files for the sake of keeping your old settings but for once try it clean. You can restore your files later if you want… And you already mentioned the difference for CatSFC versions: Normal has the crappy sound APU whic is faster and the other one has the APU from newer snes9x 1.53.

Gave it the old testaroo; here are my thoughts:

-Navigating the menu seems really twitchy now. Also, for some reason I need to push the Home button twice on my official CCP in order for it to register correctly. -Sticking button still happening, noticed it in the twitchy menu. -I guess it’s nice to have options, but Catsfc and Catsfc Plus seem a little superfluous. Catsfc Plus in particular had the worst time on Kirby 3. I didn’t bother with Catsfc because dat sound APU. -Is resolution saving supposed to be per core? Because nothing was saving per core for me, it was all or nothing, which unfortunately kinda defeats the purpose of resolution saving.

On the plus, the sound hiccuping I was experiencing at 240p is gone now and I didn’t even have to adjust anything.

For now, I continue to recommend 1.0.0.2, but I feel like 1.3.* is going to be great once the last remaining kinks are sorted out.

So what are the new additions since 1.0.0.2 then?

[QUOTE=jmckutchin;35961]Gave it the old testaroo; here are my thoughts:

-Navigating the menu seems really twitchy now. Also, for some reason I need to push the Home button twice on my official CCP in order for it to register correctly. -Sticking button still happening, noticed it in the twitchy menu. -I guess it’s nice to have options, but Catsfc and Catsfc Plus seem a little superfluous. Catsfc Plus in particular had the worst time on Kirby 3. I didn’t bother with Catsfc because dat sound APU. -Is resolution saving supposed to be per core? Because nothing was saving per core for me, it was all or nothing, which unfortunately kinda defeats the purpose of resolution saving.

On the plus, the sound hiccuping I was experiencing at 240p is gone now and I didn’t even have to adjust anything.

For now, I continue to recommend 1.0.0.2, but I feel like 1.3.* is going to be great once the last remaining kinks are sorted out.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the menu stuff was modified recently for ALL the RA versions and I’m experiencing this issue (the need to press the menu button twice) and I’m not sure why it has not been addressed yet… it very obvious. The sticky button is something I researched but unfortunately never experienced. I believe it happens in some Wii models o maybe it is just the Wii system and/or howebrew software version (outdated). Regarding CatSFC is just an option. Don’t use it if you don’t like it… I see this this way: No emulator is perfect, some games run better on this and some other run worst… So I like to have an alternative when one game is not working in one of them. (Example: I like SMW hacks and many of them only work with CatSFC because the new APU sound of the other emulators doesn’t allow sound inaccuracies). And again, resolution saving is just an option per core like all others configurations, if none of the other options are working it won’t work either. If all other stuff works for you it should work too… BTW have you set the Configuration Per Core option to Yes? You can also try a clean setup, starting from scratch sometimes helps.

Is there a reason why CatSFC Plus runs Super Mario RPG and Kirby’s Dream Land 3 so horribly? I take it doesn’t like the SA-1 chip very well? Other games run fine, it’s Snes9x 1.43 with Blarrg’s S-SMP emulator, so it’s fast and doesn’t have garbage APU emulation, good for slower games indeed. Nothing wrong with that core being included. Got it up and running by keeping the config file I made for 1.2.2 as I was too lazy to remap the buttons on the official CC. Speaking of which, I too have to press Home twice, not once, to get the menu to open, that issue wasn’t present in previous versions, and while I would report it, not gonna bother because I doubt anyone else will be able to reproduce it like the last bug I reported.

Edit: I made report about the Home button issue here

[QUOTE=netux79;35943]Yeah, in order to use the Ps3 controller you need a few things:

1. download the autonconfig files for HID controllers from the assets download section.
  2. Put them in a autoconfig/hid within the retroarch app folder (the one that contains all the cores)
  3. start retroarch normally and get into the drivers menu and change joystick driver to “hid”
  4. restart retroarch and connect the controller in any usb port.
  5. it should detect it, configure it and allow to use it.

Hope this helps.

@nintendonerd1889: Ok so you have an official controller… it should work… try something: backup all your config files and start clean. There is a BIG chance you are still using your old config files for the sake of keeping your old settings but for once try it clean. You can restore your files later if you want… And you already mentioned the difference for CatSFC versions: Normal has the crappy sound APU whic is faster and the other one has the APU from newer snes9x 1.53.[/QUOTE]

Muito obrigado mesmo meu querido, funcionou perfeito, e testei com 2 controles ps3 via usb conectado um em cada usb do wii, o segundo controle até pareou acendendo a segunda luz, mas não consegui configurar os botões fica o controle 1 mexendo os dois personagens, e uma coisa muito boa que notei agora quando carrega o retroarch com drive hid o remote se desliga economisando pilhas enquanto esta jogando no retroarch.

Vou verificar depois se a Unibios do neo geo funciona, eu ainda estou usando no core neo geo o retroarch 1.2.1 que funciona a unibios.

Uma coisa que faz falta no retroarch seria as imagens overlays laterais para enquadrar a tela no meio para ficar igual ao arcade, eu até criei uns filtros crt para deixar o retroarch na tv 32" full hd mais parecido com um arcade retro.

Alguns problemas conhecidos como o problema de Start no Forgotten Worlds CPS1 é o unico jogo de CPS1 com problema, FBA jogos SEGA e Data East ficam com lentidão, Konami alguns jogos lentos e o X-men o som fica com vozes roucas.

E se possiveu como eu faço para usar os Cheats nos cores FBA,Cps1 e Cps2?

Um abração e tudo de bom.

Thank you so much my dear, it worked perfect, and tested with 2 controls PS3 via USB connected one in usb wii, the second control pareou to lighting the second light, but I could not configure the buttons gets control 1 stirring the two characters, and a very good thing I noticed now when you press the retroarch with drive hid the remote turns off economisando batteries while playing in this retroarch.

I’ll check after the neo geo Unibios works, I’m still using the core neo geo the retroarch 1.2.1 that runs unibios.

One thing that is missing in retroarch would be the side overlays images to fit the screen in the middle to be equal to the arcade, I even created a crt filters to leave retroarch on TV 32 "Full HD more like a retro arcade.

Some known issues as the start of problem in Forgotten Worlds is the only CPS1 CPS1 game with problem FBA SEGA games and Data East are slowly, Konami some slow games and the X-Men sound gets hoarse voices.

And if possiveu how do I use Cheats in FBA colors, CPS1 and CPS2?

A big hug and all good.

1.3.3 now. Doesn’t even come with a dol file.

[QUOTE=Spielvan;35975]Muito obrigado mesmo meu querido, funcionou perfeito, e testei com 2 controles ps3 via usb conectado um em cada usb do wii, o segundo controle até pareou acendendo a segunda luz, mas não consegui configurar os botões fica o controle 1 mexendo os dois personagens, e uma coisa muito boa que notei agora quando carrega o retroarch com drive hid o remote se desliga economisando pilhas enquanto esta jogando no retroarch.

Vou verificar depois se a Unibios do neo geo funciona, eu ainda estou usando no core neo geo o retroarch 1.2.1 que funciona a unibios.

Uma coisa que faz falta no retroarch seria as imagens overlays laterais para enquadrar a tela no meio para ficar igual ao arcade, eu até criei uns filtros crt para deixar o retroarch na tv 32" full hd mais parecido com um arcade retro.

Alguns problemas conhecidos como o problema de Start no Forgotten Worlds CPS1 é o unico jogo de CPS1 com problema, FBA jogos SEGA e Data East ficam com lentidão, Konami alguns jogos lentos e o X-men o som fica com vozes roucas.

E se possiveu como eu faço para usar os Cheats nos cores FBA,Cps1 e Cps2?

Um abração e tudo de bom.

Thank you so much my dear, it worked perfect, and tested with 2 controls PS3 via USB connected one in usb wii, the second control pareou to lighting the second light, but I could not configure the buttons gets control 1 stirring the two characters, and a very good thing I noticed now when you press the retroarch with drive hid the remote turns off economisando batteries while playing in this retroarch.

I’ll check after the neo geo Unibios works, I’m still using the core neo geo the retroarch 1.2.1 that runs unibios.

One thing that is missing in retroarch would be the side overlays images to fit the screen in the middle to be equal to the arcade, I even created a crt filters to leave retroarch on TV 32 "Full HD more like a retro arcade.

Some known issues as the start of problem in Forgotten Worlds is the only CPS1 CPS1 game with problem FBA SEGA games and Data East are slowly, Konami some slow games and the X-Men sound gets hoarse voices.

And if possiveu how do I use Cheats in FBA colors, CPS1 and CPS2?

A big hug and all good.[/QUOTE]

Hi I think that to configure the second controller you need to first press “Configure All” with the first controller to activate it, then when it ask you for the buttons press those from the second controller.

How the heck does that work??

Tentei aqui mas não deu eu estava vendo ele marca a mesma porta usb para os dois controles ps3, ele até liga a luz do segundo controle ps3 mas não permite usar nenhum botão nele.

I tried here but did not I was seeing it marks the same USB port for both PS3 controls, he even turns on the light of the second ps3 control but does not allow to use any button on it.

[QUOTE=Spielvan;36003]Tentei aqui mas não deu eu estava vendo ele marca a mesma porta usb para os dois controles ps3, ele até liga a luz do segundo controle ps3 mas não permite usar nenhum botão nele.

I tried here but did not I was seeing it marks the same USB port for both PS3 controls, he even turns on the light of the second ps3 control but does not allow to use any button on it.[/QUOTE]

Do you have another type of HID usb controller you can try?

Controlador de X-box360 com cabo usb e controlador ps2 genérico usb para pc, mas eu precisaria dos drives hid cfg dos dois para testar. E vem dois cfg que eu pelo que entendi seriam para usar o controle sem fio.

Sony_Computer_Entertainment_Wireless_Controller.cfg

Xbox_360_Wireless_Receiver.cfg

Se alguém conseguir usar o controle ps3 sem fio que nos avise, não tenho a minima ideia, se isto vá funcionar.

Xbox360 controller con el usb cable ps2 generic usb to pc controller, but I need the CFG hid the two drives for testing. And it comes two CFG I as I understand it would be to use the wireless controller. Sony_Computer_Entertainment_Wireless_Controller.cfg Xbox_360_Wireless_Receiver.cfg If anyone can use the PS3 wireless controller that tell us, I do not have the slightest idea if this will work.

1.3.3 resolution saving is working for me now. But in a ways one might not expect. The RGUI resolution may be sticking/saving on one setting across certain cores, but it’s the game loading that appears to have the saved resolution properly switched over to. I might have to test it some more to try and walk through it and document the behaviour because it is bit confusing and inconsistent. But it’s definitely some steps in the right direction.