1.3 stable and nightly freezes, 1.2.2 don't

As the title states, I’m having the freezing problem when I try exiting Retroarch, it doesn’t happen in 1.2.2 and below.

I tried 1.3 stable and nighly.

Smartphone - Xperia SP OS - Cyanogenmod (Kitkat 4.4.4)

Do you guys know what could cause this freezing? It’s the third time I have to force my smartphone to reset pressing the reset button!

How are you exiting retroarch?

If I exit it from the GUI or directly using a shortcut it freezes, I reinstalled 1.2.2 and it works fine, no matter how I exit RA it exits OK.

If you can get us a debug log from adb when it freezes, we might be able to track it down.

I’m assuming I’ll need to let the USB Debug on, but it’s OK. What command should I use to get this log?

adb logcat, I think

I’m sorry for this late reply, I just wanted to say to you guys that I’ve been doing a lot of tests lately, I updated my smartphone from Jellybean, to Kitkat, and then to Lollipop 5.1.1, each update I always tried Retroarch 1.2.2 stable (which I have a Titanium backup with all my configs and data ready-to-go), then 1.3 stable and nighties, I had the freezing problem when exiting 1.3 stables and nighties, when in Lollipop, seems that the freezing problem stopped but in none of the 1.3 versions I managed to make it work as good as 1.2.2 stable, I say that because I really done a lot of testing with the default configs, PCSXR core never worked well for me above 1.2.2 stable, I had frame drops and sound stuttering above 1.2.2 no matter what config I was, 1.3 isn’t for me, I just switched to 1.2.2 stable and everything is perfect now.

I really like to have updated stuff because new features and evolution are always welcome here, but unfortunately this time it didn’t go well, I’d like to hear from you, if you still think that the log is important, I can install 1.3 again and have you that.

The log would be helpful but if you’re happy with 1.2.2, just stick with it :slight_smile:

You should still be able to use updated cores from the online updater, so you’re really only missing out on features specific to RetroArch.

I’ll install 1.3 again, as I have Titanium Backup of Retroarch and all it’s configs and files I won’t have trouble getting it back, I really want your help with 1.3, maybe you can figure out what is causing the performance loss in that version compared to 1.2.2 (which runs perfectly fine).

I’ll soon be posting the logs here!