1.36+ on PS3 -- manual playlists not working

Hello -

Long time Retroarch user on PC, trying to get Retroarch 1.3.6+ running my CFW REBUG 1.80 PS3 and not having much luck with playlists.

Here is an example: I have some MAME ROMs located in /dev_hdd0/game/SSNE10000/USRDIR/cores/system/mame2003/roms/ and when I go to “Load Content”, every game runs just fine. Huzzah!

But when I place a playlist, in this case MAME.lpl, in my playlists directory, and try to run a game from there, it returns me to the PS3 XMB AND corrupts my retroarch.cfg so that when I go to run Retroarch again, it drops me back to the XMB. WTF! I have to delete the cfg file and re-run Retroarch just to launch it again. So something about launching games from playlists is not working and killing my config. UGH!

Here is a sample of my config:

/dev_hdd0/game/SSNE10000/USRDIR/cores/system/mame2003/roms/1944.zip 1944: The Loop Master /dev_hdd0/game/SSNE10000/USRDIR/cores/mame2003_libretro_ps3.SELF DETECT DETECT MAME.lpl /dev_hdd0/game/SSNE10000/USRDIR/cores/system/mame2003/roms/altbeast.zip Altered Beast /dev_hdd0/game/SSNE10000/USRDIR/cores/mame2003_libretro_ps3.SELF DETECT DETECT MAME.lpl

Everything looks OK to me. Any ideas? Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks!

BTW, the “curruption” that occurs to the retroarch.cfg after I try to load a game from a playlist is this:

the 1st line of retroarch.cfg changes from this (good):

libretro_path = “/dev_hdd0/game/SSNE10000/USRDIR/cores/mame2003_libretro_ps3.SELF”

to this (bad):

libretro_path = "/dev_hdd0/game/SSNE10000/USRDIR/cores/mame2003_libretro_ps3.SELF "

So it effectively puts a newline in the config. weird. any ideas?