[1.9.13] RetroArch Freezing

The freezing seems to occur only on the PSP (ppsspp) and PS2 (pcsx2) cores when closing some games. I am running the Flatpak version on Ubuntu 18.04. To work around this, I have had to map one of the keys on my controlling to load System Monitor to end process. Has anyone else experience this or have a fix / workaround for this.

:slight_smile:

I’ve heard of it happening with PCSX2, yeah. Does it also do it with the AppImage build?

I wasn’t able to run the core. It was reporting “failed to open libretro core”. I had placed the firmware files in the system folder.

Also, noticed that if I was able to close a game, opening the next game (same system) caused a black screen on startup.

I should also note that I haven’t used appimage before, so not sure if it requires setting up. After extracting, just clicked to open RetroArch.

Hmm, I’m getting the same behavior with the appimage, but now I’m stuck with a black screen that’s not showing up in top/process viewer, so I guess I’m stuck with it forever lol

I don’t recall that happening with the snap package I usually use, but OTOH I didn’t really test it specifically.

I’ve got the snap version installed on my main computer (20.04) so I’ll give that a try and report back.

A lot of app images I come across dont have the “Allow executing file as a program” enabled. you just need to enable it. For example in Linux Mint you can right click it to get to the properties of a file. Then go to the permissions tab to enable it.

Thanks for the reply Joystick2600. RetroArch loads fine but doesn’t load the core unfortunately.