2 Beetle PSX analog issues

Problem number one is that I haven’t been able to make a remap or cfg override to automatically change the device type so I don’t have to go to the menu every time I start a psx game that uses the analog sticks. Save remap produces a blank rmp file.

Problem number two is that my 360 controller has seen a lot of use and the left stick is a bit loose. How can I set its dead zones? RetroArch’s general setting doesn’t work, not at least with Beetle PSX.

Thanks a lot in advance and long live RA. Amazing software :slight_smile:

While automatic saving of the device type doesn’t work in remaps, I believe you can manually add it, though it will be wiped out if you save another remap. Shitty, I know, but that’s how it works right now.

We don’t have any dead-zone adjustments in RetroArch. You would have to do it externally, such as in a driver/gamepad control panel.

Thanks for such a fast reply, hunterk. I have actually been trying to add it manually (something like user_1_device_type = “Dual Analog”), with no success. How should I do that?

Regarding dead-zones, the Mupen64+ core has a setting, as does Retroarch itself (input_axis_threshold). But the latter doesn’t translate to Beetle PSX. I wish could configure dead-zones externally, but Windows’ calibration settings for 360 controllers are unfortunately very limited :frowning:

I put this in my per game overrides for games that use the Dualshock:

2 Likes

You have to set that in “Game Overrides” rather than remaps.

It’s a little confusing since the controller type is in the controller remap menu lol

But it’s totally doable via Game Overrides.

1 Like

Yes that did the trick :smiley: Thanks guys. I’m sure that 517 makes sense to the developers, but it looks completely random to me. Now I must try to fix those dead zones…

Input settings in RA are not always obvious, but everything just works, once you understand their logic. As for the dead zones, I have been trying with wrappers like x360ce and durazno, to no avail. Then there is that alternative japanese driver that has its own control panel and a lot of possibilities, but standalone MAME doesn’t like it on one hand, and on the other when using it RA won’t autodetect the controller as a 360 pad.

On a side note, Omega Boost running on a properly configured Beetle PSX HW core looks almost like a Dreamcast game, it’s incredible. That’s the main reason why I really want to sort this thing out. That game’s tight, sensitive controls.