2 Bluetooth (PS4) controllers, they keep SWITCHING

I’m running RA 1.3.4 on Mac OS X 10.10.

I’ve got 2 Bluetooth PS4 controllers, and everything works great, except every time I enter/leave a game, the 2 controllers have SWITCHED, and I have to ask my friend to switch controllers with me, it’s very weird.

Has anyone found a solution to this? Happy to share my config files, should I post them here?

Here’s my config, anybody see a reason for the constant switching? Could it be that the 2 identical PS4 controllers have the same name? https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/112153/retroarch.cfg

Yeah, could be related. That should only be happening if the pads are losing connection and reconnecting each time, though…

Willing to put $200AUD Bounty to fix this issue!!

RetroArch 1.70 for Mac OSX, OS: Mac OSX High Sierra

Having exactly the same issue, 1 controller works perfect, the minute I connect a second controller Input 1 & Input 2 randomly switching when exiting & reopening Retroarch , tested it with the following combination of controllers; 2 x PS4 DS 2 x Nintendo Pro Controllers (for Nintendo Switch) 1 x Nintendo Pro Controller & 1 x PS4 DS

Willing to pay a decent bounty to force Retroarch to keep a specific controller connected via bluetooth in port #0, #1 etc (eg PS4 Dual Shock always to be Port #0 and Nintendo Pro Controller always port #1 or vice versa)

Cheers

I don’t think this is something we can fix, as we just enumerate the pads as the OS hands them to us. If the OS is going to hand them off in a random order each time, we have no way to know which one you want to be first or second or whatever.

Thanks for the reply hunterk, the controllers all have a name or can be renamed, cannot this be written into the retroarch.cfg file to hard config the specific controller assigned to User 1 & User 2 inputs etc?